Author Topic: Environmental tolerances info  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Person012345 (OP)

• Captain
Environmental tolerances info
« on: June 05, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »
Is there a way to view NPC's known environmental tolerances other than through the intelligence window?

For some reason, I assume because of my resolution (although I've extended the screen, so every other window manages to be full size (well, reduced height size), the bottom of the intel window refuses to show. If I drag it up above my screen, the window just cuts off at the bottom and I can't make it any bigger. Thus my question.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
Re: Environmental tolerances info
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 04:08:32 PM »
If like me youre attached to a laptop , steve cant in vb6 program smaller windows ( perhaps a redesign or scrolling feature) otehrwise get a screen cable and plug laptop into tv screen and up the resolution

Offline Xeno The Morph

• Petty Officer
  • X
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 08:25:26 AM »
Well my favoured route to get their tolerances is:

a) Switch off 'Reduced Height Windows' (on the main game toolbar)
b) Open a new 'Intelligence and Foreign Relations' screen
c) Switch on 'Reduced Height windows' (too avoid annoying large windows elsewhere :P)
d) Right click the top of on the 'Intelligence and Foreign Relations' and choose 'Move'
e) Use the arrow keys to move the 'Intelligence and Foreign Relations' window up until I can see the tolerances section in full.
f) (optional) Note down the details in notepad (via short term memory or a pad of paper) ;)

If you don't turn off the reduced height windows the tolerances section will be truncated no matter what you do.
Another separate issue is that the window won't stay moved up if you do anything else on the computer.

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 06:09:10 PM »
If you don't turn off the reduced height windows the tolerances section will be truncated no matter what you do.
Ah, thank you.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 07:46:30 AM »
One trick that a friend has used to get at buttons/info that gets cutoff at the bottom of windows is to alter the monitor orientation by 90 degrees in your graphics settings, then switch it back when done. This is obviously a pain if you need to access them regularly but it does at least allow them to be accessed.

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 11:22:49 AM »
I can drag the window above my screen using projector settings, I have to play the game with the window top out of view anyway since my monitor is just a tiny bit too small, so that's not a problem for me personally, but it's useful to know that it displays properly with reduced height windows off.