Author Topic: Territorial Dispute? How does this starmap work?  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Territorial Dispute? How does this starmap work?
« on: July 03, 2012, 10:00:42 PM »
I have some starmap-related issues

1) Every system I have explored is listed as a "controlled system"...I don't like this. I want my empire to be neatly defined as a small cluster of stars within 10 light years of Sol. The aliens can fight over the rest. How do I uncontrol a system?

2) When you click a certain tickbox, the flag of the "current owner" of a system comes up in that system. Why does the flag of a benevolent alien race I recently discovered come up over Sol...are they claiming it as their own?
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Territorial Dispute? How does this starmap work?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 11:47:31 PM »
I don't know how this ended up in the suggestions thread...this was supposed to be in the academy. Must have screwed up.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 01:23:40 AM »
The map tools are all set by you, so if you know that an alien controls star system XYZ then it is up to you to designate it as such on the galaxy map.

All systems are defaulted to be shown as owned by you.

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 10:44:12 AM »
how do I set them?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 11:19:55 AM »
I don't know how this ended up in the suggestions thread...this was supposed to be in the academy. Must have screwed up.

Fixed - I moved it for you.
John

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »
how do I set them?

this problem remains.

Also, do espionage teams do anything, or do they just draw a salary from my already overburdened government

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 02:06:37 PM »

this problem remains.

Also, do espionage teams do anything, or do they just draw a salary from my already overburdened government

Just open the star map and left click a system, there will be a panel on the left. First option is "Control Empire".

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 12:51:02 AM »
From the teams window set an espionage target. They will get you data or tech on the target. But they die/get caught often, from my experience.