Author Topic: few more noob questions?  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Antmf (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • A
few more noob questions?
« on: January 09, 2014, 11:33:37 AM »
Hi all, while watching Alfapiomega's lets play I see there is an opens officer window within the teams academy window but now I do not see it? Is this because I chose the AI to auto promote and place when I setgame up? If not can anyone tell me where to access it from?

What does CI stand for and if I am converting CI to say construction where does it take from and what exactly happens? And is there a way to boost CI back up again or once they are gone that is it? Little confused on this. Thank you...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:12:58 PM by Antmf »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: few more noob questions?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 01:00:47 PM »
Hi all, while watching Alfapiomega's lets play I see there is an opens officer window within the teams academy window but now I do not see it? Is this because I chose the AI to auto promote and place when I setgame up? If not can anyone tell me where to access it from?

What does CI stand for and if I am converting CI to say construction where does it take from and what exactly happens? And is there a way to boost CI back up again or once they are gone that is it? Little confused on this. Thank you...

CI is Conventional Industry. It is a generic industrial facility that performs all of the functions of the specialized TN facilities at 1/10th the rate. It is not replenishable.

Offline Alfapiomega

• Lt. Commander
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:45:32 AM »

ad 1) That is weird. But I really have no idea. But it may be it. Try starting another game with changed setting to verify this.

ad 2) The CI can not be replenished as it is outdated. Think of normal factories that are then transformed into regular futuristic nano (or whatever) factories using the TN materials.

And, as Erik pointed out, if you had 5 CI, they would provide only 1/2 of what 5 (1 of each TN era factories would).
"Everything is possible until you make a choice. "

Offline Antmf (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 06:50:43 AM »
Well, the reason why I don't see certain things I believe is because I am using my gaming laptop which has a wide screen 1920x1080 and I can not see all the whole screen so I have to use the reduce height windows option... Wish I had access to my desktop during the day lol...

Offline Alfapiomega

• Lt. Commander
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 06:57:52 AM »
Well, the reason why I don't see certain things I believe is because I am using my gaming laptop which has a wide screen 1920x1080 and I can not see all the whole screen so I have to use the reduce height windows option... Wish I had access to my desktop during the day lol...

Aurora runs in only one resolution - 1280x1024....
"Everything is possible until you make a choice. "

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 07:10:06 AM »
Aurora runs in only one resolution - 1280x1024....

Aurora will run in any resolution that is at least 1280 wide and 1024 high so it should be fine for 1900 x 1080.

There is also a reduced height version for resolutions that are only 800 high.

Steve

Offline Antmf (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 07:34:15 AM »
Well then I dont know what the problem is because I have a laptop screen res of 1920x1080 from what my computer tells me but I can not see the bottom of the windows in game unless I run the reduced height windows. So I can not for the life of me figure it out unless the PC is reading or telling me the wrong resolution. But I can still play it just can't see everything in the window when I used reduced height. :)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 07:37:26 AM »
Well then I dont know what the problem is because I have a laptop screen res of 1920x1080 from what my computer tells me but I can not see the bottom of the windows in game unless I run the reduced height windows. So I can not for the life of me figure it out unless the PC is reading or telling me the wrong resolution. But I can still play it just can't see everything in the window when I used reduced height. :)

Which windows are a problem and how much is cut off?

Are you using a different size font for windows than normal? That has been the cause of similar issues in the past.

Steve

Offline Antmf (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2014, 07:41:31 AM »
Ok I just figured it out. When I go into my screen res I see the option to make text larger or smaller. It was set on medium so I changed it to small and now the windows fit perfectly. It looks great now jst that the text is a little smaller but what the hec I wear reading glasses anyways lol. Thanks for replies guys, and thank you Steve for taking the time to reply :)