Author Topic: Missile combat supplies  (Read 384 times)

Offline undercovergeek (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
Missile combat supplies
« on: February 26, 2024, 09:40:04 AM »
Thanks to the great advice of the helpful chaps on here I successfully conducted my first missile attack - 3 destroyers firing 10 missiles each - my question is once the 10 were fired it was time to head back home and hope the thirty would do it - is there a way to carry more missiles than just the full launcher suite

Can they be stored on the destroyer or do I need to take some kind of tender with them

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
Re: Missile combat supplies
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 10:36:41 AM »
Magazines are a thing, they will carry missiles on a ship, whether the firing ship or a collier.

The reload time will be how long it takes to reload the launchers from the magazines, the ordnance transfer rate determines how long it takes a collier to top off a ship.

I tend to shoot for 10 reloads on ASM and 100 on AMM
si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline undercovergeek (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • u
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 11:40:30 AM »
Is it just a case of designing one and putting it on the ship?

I did make one but I’m wondering now if the size refers to the size of the missile 🤔

Online Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 01:23:54 PM »
Capacity 195     Internal Armour 0.51 HS     Explosion Chance 2.89
Size 12 HS  (600 tons)    HTK 4
Cost 65.10    Crew 6
Development Cost 547 RP

Materials Required
Duranium  19.08
Neutronium  1.02
Tritanium  45.00

This is one of my standard magazines . It holds 195 msp of missiles and is size 12 with some extra HTK. It does not matter what size the missiles are , it can hold 195 size 1 missiles or 39 size 5 or 19 size 10 , that size only matters for the launcher
I picked the size which is probably too big as I just discovered all my missile ships are fitted with size 12 commercial magazines because I am an idiot

The following users thanked this post: undercovergeek

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 07:32:29 AM »
Magazine math is wonky.  But basically go off your missile size(s) and then multiply that by how many reloads you want, then make a magazine with that capacity.  Muck with armour and efficiency to "round off" to nearest whole number if that is important to you.

So 10 reloads of 10 tubes of a size 8 launcher would require a capacity of 800, if throwing an additional 100 reloads of a size 2 AMM then the magazine capacity would need to be upped to 1000.
si vis pacem, para bellum

The following users thanked this post: undercovergeek