Author Topic: Scrapping Fighters?  (Read 1347 times)

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Scrapping Fighters?
« on: July 05, 2010, 11:55:07 AM »
Is there any way to scrap fighters other than destroying the fighter(using the F6 screen) and then salvaging it?
Welchbloke

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Scrapping Fighters?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 09:55:17 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
Is there any way to scrap fighters other than destroying the fighter(using the F6 screen) and then salvaging it?
I don't think so. I had assumed you could scrap them in shipyards but I just checked and you can't. Any suggestions as to the best way to handle this? Shipyards or scrapping in a way similar to missiles seem like the best options.

Steve

Offline schroeam

• Lt. Commander
  • s
  • "Let's try a new strategy, let the Wookiee win"
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 12:14:37 AM »
I'd like to have these two options:
1. Scrap like missiles
2. Upgrade the fighter to a modern version (Mod B to Mod C) with the fighter factories

Thanks,

Adam.

Offline welchbloke (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 03:05:47 AM »
Quote from: "adradjool"
I'd like to have these two options:
1. Scrap like missiles
2. Upgrade the fighter to a modern version (Mod B to Mod C) with the fighter factories

Thanks,

Adam.
I would support both of these.  I have over 100 fighters relegated to home world defence at the moment as they are out of date.  The only reason they are out of date is their FC.  It would be nice to be able to upgrade them  :)
Welchbloke

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 07:50:40 AM »
I agree as well.  Added functionality to refit or scrap fighters would be useful.  

One additional request, the ability to repair fighters.  Yes, motherships can use damage control to repair internal  components, but they can not repair armor.  Granted, fighters surviving damage is rare, but it does happen.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley