Author Topic: Cannot move carriers with overhauling parasites, parasites stay in overhaul  (Read 1816 times)

Offline M_J_M (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • M
I was tempted to post this as a bug, but my problem is so basic that i am sure that i am just too stupid to figure it out.   

I have a carrier with 4 fighters in the hangar bay (my first carrier, as a test to figure things out).   The problem is that whatever order i give to my carrier, it simply won't move, i always get message "cannot carry out movement orders as there are ships undergoing maintenance in the fleet.  ", yet the Fighters are doing so in the Hangar bay, where my carrier should, well, be able to carry them.    I also don't know how i can release the Fighters out of the launch bay without them staying in overhaul mode. 

So how can i move my carrier with its fighters in the hangar bay?
How can i launch the fighters without them staying in overhaul mode?

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
Give the "Abandon Overhaul" command, the fighters will continue to overhaul in the bay.

Offline M_J_M (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • M
That is the very problem! With them overhauling i cannot move them. By abandoning the overhaul, they stay in overhaul for a whole month IF they are also out of the hangar, if they are IN the hangar they stay in overhaul indefenitely. And with them being in overhaul i cannot move them.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 07:02:56 AM by M_J_M »

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
Abandon the overhaul.

Leave them in the hangar.

The maintenance clock will continue to go down.

Profit

Offline M_J_M (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • M
Seriously, NihilRex, read my posts.

"By abandoning the overhaul, they stay in overhaul for a whole month IF they are also out of the hangar, if they are IN the hangar they stay in overhaul indefenitely. And with them being in overhaul i cannot move them."

I can make them leave the carrier and abandon the overhaul. When they reenter the Hangar they are again in overhaul, i can again not move the fleet, a month is wasted. I don't know and since yesterday i can' find a way to let my carrier actually carry its ships just one centimetre.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:14:38 PM by M_J_M »

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
There seems to be a communication problem here, yes.

When I have ships in carrier with positive maint clocks, the clock time reduces.  Giving the ships an overhaul order is not needed.

Is there possibly a spare parts supply problem that is tripping a conditional overhaul order?

I am not sure I am following the problem, so if this is not the case, then you may have a bug issue.

Offline M_J_M (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • M
I don't know if they did start on their own to overhaul, but i was glad they did because my carrier was ready a few months after the fighters. Because of this one fighter had 2 broken modules, perhaps this is the reason. It gets even weirder, my second carrier has appearantly no problems when assigning Fighter NR 5, it moves, no stuck on overhaul, i don't know...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:45:27 PM by M_J_M »

Offline M_J_M (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • M
Ok, i don't know how, but appearantly now my fighters won't anymore automatically go into overhaul mode, i cannot reproduce this problem and i don't have the slightest intention to do so at this point...

Offline Gump

• Petty Officer
  • G
I had the same issue, fighters trapping their host carrier in overhaul status despite having 0.00 on the maintenance clock.  In the end I scapped the fighters and SM'd myself some new ones.