Author Topic: Communications Type  (Read 1594 times)

Offline markus (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • m
Communications Type
« on: November 26, 2013, 09:09:14 AM »
This has been teasing me for a long time. . .
(Emphasis mine)

Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=145. msg1221#msg1221 date=1162398441
Racial Characteristics

Xenophobia: A rating from 1-100 showing the fear of other races or governments

Diplomacy = A rating from 1-100 showing the ability to persuade other races.  This is used to offset the Xenophobia of another race

Militancy = A rating from 1-100 showing the likelihood this race will choose military force to achieve its goals.

Expansionism = A rating from 1-100 showing the desire of this race to increase its territory

Determination = A rating from 1-100 showing the determination of this race to proceed with a chosen course of action despite setbacks.

Trade = A rating from 1-100 showing the willingness to trade with other races and to establish/allow trading posts

Translation Skill = -25 to +25 A modifier to communication attempts

Communication Type.  The principal method of communication.  1 = verbal, 2 = somatic, 3 = mixed verbal/somatic, 4 = telepathic, 5 = olfactory, 6 = visual display (color), 7 = tones (not words).

Steve

How can I find a race's communication type? Not even twiddling around in the database helps, I just can't find it.

Offline Bgreman

• Lt. Commander
Re: Communications Type
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 10:44:13 AM »
After checking the DB in the places I'd suspect this exists, it would appear that this has been removed from the game.

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 12:43:31 PM »
darn, it would be cool to have that stuff.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Shipright

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 08:21:36 PM »
That is pretty cool, I hope Steve finds a way to bring that back in some form even if only as a flavor option.