Author Topic: Advanced components from wrecks  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
Advanced components from wrecks
« on: March 02, 2014, 01:19:39 PM »
Hi

I have got some magneto-plasma drive from alien wrecks. Due to the fact that I don't have magneto-plasma technology, can I use these engines to equip 1 ship of mine? Or can I only disassemble them?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Advanced components from wrecks
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 01:22:16 PM »
Yes.

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 02:52:37 PM »
To expand on that, yes to both things, you can create a design using the engine you captured, and build as many as you have engines. Or you can dissasemble them for the tech points, both entirely valid options.

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 04:02:34 PM »
Awesome!
I think that to destroy enemy ships, get advanced components and use them for more powerful ships that otherwise you cannot have unless you have the technologies, is one of best part of Aurora.

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »
Can someone explain how to equip these engines? I download them on earth, but I cannot find them among the components for ship.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 06:08:57 PM »
To use components that you have salvaged, recovered from ruins, or any other components that you did not design yourself there are a couple of stages.  First you will need to create a new class of ship using these components.  This is true even if the components are an exact match for something you have already designed.  Go into the ship design screen (F5) and below the list of components on the right hand side there are a few check boxes.  You will need to uncheck the "Own tech only" box.  This will then let you select any components you have found.  Once you have created the class you will also need to have a shipyard able to build it.  If the design is close enough to one you already have in service, you might not need to retool the shipyard.

To actually build the ship the components need to be on the same planet as the shipyard.  When you build the ship the components will be removed from the stockpile.  If you do not have enough components to build the ship you might not be able to build it.  I havn't checked in a long time.

Brian

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 09:25:31 AM »
Uh thank you Brian... yesterday I spent 1 hour checking every option and what I missed was to uncheck "own tech box".  :-*

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Uh thank you Brian... yesterday I spent 1 hour checking every option and what I missed was to uncheck "own tech box".  :-*
Don't feel bad, this game is so complex that everyone has had the same problem from time to time.  The first time I wanted to do this it took me forever, and that was with the advantage of having been using Starfire Assistant and then Aurora from the very beginning.

Brian