Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 69344 times)

Offline Caesar

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #465 on: February 22, 2021, 08:06:54 PM »
It appears that player races can only set attitudes towards other empires (hostile/neutral, et cetera) if every player race has discovered at least one other alien race (it doesn't matter whether or not that race is an NPR or otherwise). If you have three races, and two of them know each other but the third knows nobody, nobody can set their attitudes to anyone. Spawning an alien that the third can detect will fix the issue for all races. Deleting that new race to empty the intelligence screen for one race will cause the bug to reappear for all races.

A more detailed discussion on the subject can be found here:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12464.0

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #466 on: February 23, 2021, 07:47:17 AM »
Haven't figured it out exactly how to repeat, but occasionally my deep space self jumping exploration ships get stuck at a jump point and can't jump through. I then delete all commands, reinitiate the same again and it works. That a known bug?

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #467 on: February 23, 2021, 07:51:10 AM »
Haven't figured it out exactly how to repeat, but occasionally my deep space self jumping exploration ships get stuck at a jump point and can't jump through. I then delete all commands, reinitiate the same again and it works. That a known bug?

Thats 90% likely to just be jump shock

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #468 on: February 23, 2021, 11:07:13 AM »

Since when did jump shock prevent jumping? And if so why do some people have problems with NPRs playing peek-a-boo around JPs?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #469 on: February 23, 2021, 11:14:40 AM »

Since when did jump shock prevent jumping? And if so why do some people have problems with NPRs playing peek-a-boo around JPs?

It prevents jumping for a short period of time, however this doesn't apply to NPRs which is why you get the peek-a-boo behavior (fixed in 1.13). The jump shock usually doesn't last very long but if you jump and then immediately issue an order to jump back it will throw an event for at least one sub-pulse.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #470 on: February 23, 2021, 11:18:56 AM »

It prevents jumping for a short period of time, however this doesn't apply to NPRs which is why you get the peek-a-boo behavior (fixed in 1.13). The jump shock usually doesn't last very long but if you jump and then immediately issue an order to jump back it will throw an event for at least one sub-pulse.

I have had some of my ships (100% training for what it's worth) have trouble for multiple sub-pulses but they do always eventually transit. I guess this is why.

Offline Kylemmie

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #471 on: February 23, 2021, 11:34:21 AM »

I have had some of my ships (100% training for what it's worth) have trouble for multiple sub-pulses but they do always eventually transit. I guess this is why.

I see this effect (not a bug for me) if I send a scout into a system for a peek and scoot if I give them a 'jump back' order on the tick they announce 'orders complete'. It will announce something about the Engines not being correct, but it's really Jump Shock causing the delay.

Ignore, continue time and the ship will jump next tick.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #472 on: February 23, 2021, 01:51:37 PM »

I see this effect (not a bug for me) if I send a scout into a system for a peek and scoot if I give them a 'jump back' order on the tick they announce 'orders complete'. It will announce something about the Engines not being correct, but it's really Jump Shock causing the delay.

Ignore, continue time and the ship will jump next tick.

It sounds like the real "bug" here is the message attached to the "transit failure" entry - I think it should tell the player "the jump engine is not ready" instead.

The following users thanked this post: CowboyRonin, nuclearslurpee

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #473 on: February 25, 2021, 12:18:47 AM »
Bug seen in the image below:

On the intel screen, Gauss cannon weapon damage is cut off so that the number of shots per gun/turret cannot be read. This is not a screen size problem as the window fits comfortably within my 1920x1080 monitor with room to spare.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #474 on: February 26, 2021, 09:16:57 PM »
Precursor missile base does not fire at an approaching fleet until the fleet is within point-blank range. Active sensor should have no problem resolving my fleet well beyond this range. Database attached.

No function number.
No error text.
No specific window affected. Fleet movement and (lack of) combat observed in the tactical window.
What I was doing at the time: gave fleet move order to hostile contact and advanced time manually until fleet was in range.
TN start, 2b pop, 30% ruins chance.
Real stars.
Decimal separator is a period as God intended.
Steps to reproduce: Order Second Fleet (Devils' Hand system) to move to hostile contact Yuan 002, optionally specify a minimum distance. Advance time. Yuan 002 despite being a missile base armed with size 6 ASMs will not fire on the fleet as it approaches.
Length of campaign is six years and a few months, not very long at all.

I've messed around with various tries of moving fleets in and out of the system, changing orders, SM, etc. and found no workaround. Would appreciate a workaround as I'd like to report this combat in my AAR.

EDIT: I did finally find something resembling a workaround, which was to go into the DB and delete the alien contact data entries. Obviously not a recommended practice but it did get the other guys to shoot at me like normal. My best guess is that the AI tracked the PD capability of my fleet and decided not to "waste" missiles, however (1) this doesn't explain why they then decided to fire at point-blank (~350,000 km) once my beam ships were nearly in range - this seems poor tactics even for the NPRs, as if they're going to fire at all they'd best do it from well outside of beam range, yes? And (2) it would make much better gameplay for the player if the NPR decided to try and mount a defense anyways instead of patiently waiting for their inevitable demise.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 12:12:14 PM by nuclearslurpee »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #475 on: February 27, 2021, 03:10:23 AM »
1.12: Is it possible that the pop growth calculation on a planet with Installation AND orbital habitats is mixed up and that somehow causes an error in unrest calculations?

According to the values, the total population is below the maximum of OH plus I (5.10 of 5.17). I still get unrest and the annual growth rate on the (limited) OH is up to 10.5% but 0% on the surface... .

[

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #476 on: February 27, 2021, 03:52:36 AM »
You don't have enough protection.  :o

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #477 on: February 27, 2021, 05:42:10 AM »
You don't have enough protection.  :o
I do. It says 3 required and 1222 is there.

Offline Harbinger1

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • H
« Reply #478 on: March 01, 2021, 03:54:31 PM »
Not sure if working as intended or a bug, but in my current game I experienced a long slowdown and poked at the DB to see why, and found that the starting NPR had triggered NPR creation in another system. . . and it spawned THREE new NPRs on the exact same planet, who promptly began blowing each other to bits.  If spawning multiple on the same planet is intended, they should probably not be starting their existence with all out warfare with each other otherwise it is not a very interesting mechanic.

Is the NPR creation by chance recursive? As in when an NPR is spawned, does it count as "discovering" its home system and therefore run the NPR generation check again? I suppose I could test setting it to 100% spawn chance and see if it crashes.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #479 on: March 01, 2021, 06:57:50 PM »
Not sure if working as intended or a bug, but in my current game I experienced a long slowdown and poked at the DB to see why, and found that the starting NPR had triggered NPR creation in another system. . . and it spawned THREE new NPRs on the exact same planet, who promptly began blowing each other to bits.  If spawning multiple on the same planet is intended, they should probably not be starting their existence with all out warfare with each other otherwise it is not a very interesting mechanic.

Is the NPR creation by chance recursive? As in when an NPR is spawned, does it count as "discovering" its home system and therefore run the NPR generation check again? I suppose I could test setting it to 100% spawn chance and see if it crashes.
There is a chance for NPRs to spawn multi-faction starts (shared homeworld). Which seems like it would be cool, but as you have observed generally just devolves into them blowing the smeg out of each other a few months after spawning. The difficulty is that they get very mad at each other for being in each others systems, since naturally all their explored systems overlap.

I had a game that ended because I found TWO such shared homeworlds. As soon as the first war had more or less died down (in that everyone was dead courtesy of them nuking their own planets), the second one started up.