Author Topic: Are sectors removable?  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Ashery (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • A
Are sectors removable?
« on: October 15, 2011, 03:33:59 PM »
After having already created the initial sector command on Earth, I ended up deciding to move my primary sector command to the system hub adjacent to Sol, as Sol's only two other jump points were dead ends.

I figured I'd just remove Sol from its initial sector and move it over to the new command once it got built. Turns out that you can't remove the original system from the sector command. I ended up going into SM mode and just flat out removing the sector command on Earth. Except that that didn't work, either. It turns out that the sector is not removed from the "Sector" menu even when the original building is eliminated.

So, am I just overlooking something basic or is it actually impossible to completely remove a sector?

Offline Ashery (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • A
Re: Are sectors removable?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
Weird, looks like there are more bugs relating to the Sectors menu: When the Sol sector is selected, attempting to move the Sol system out of the Sol sector via the arrows does nothing and gives no feedback while double clicking will give the prompt that the original system cannot be removed from the sector. And when I go to the Lalande sector and attempt to add the Sol system via the arrows, I get nothing again.

That's all as expected, but when I have the Lalande sector selected, double clicking the Sol system somehow manages to add the system to the Lalande sector while simultaneously removing it from the Sol sector. Not that I'm complaining, as that's exactly what I wanted, but there's definitely some odd behaviour in the Sector menu.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Are sectors removable?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 11:46:03 PM »
You can't 'unmake' a sector, and the only way to move the last system out of one is to bring it in to a different one.

On the other hand, since sectors (as opposed to Improved Command & Control sector command facilities) are a purely organisational aide, it doesn't really hurt anything to leave empty sectors cluttering up the list.