Author Topic: War Reparations Formula  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Kytuzian (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
War Reparations Formula
« on: December 27, 2016, 04:54:00 PM »
I just conquered an alien race and they paid me 424000 wealth in reparations. I don't think I've ever had that much money paid to me for conquering an alien race before (though, to be honest, I don't remember it ever happening in general). What is the formula for how much wealth they will pay you? I think it is perhaps because the war lasted so long (probably 10-20 years)?

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
Re: War Reparations Formula
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 10:40:42 PM »
Was this simply a small outpost or a larger colony? I do not know the formula for it. But perhaps you took their only planet and thus also took their entire storage of wealth with it?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 07:48:33 AM »
I just conquered an alien race and they paid me 424000 wealth in reparations. I don't think I've ever had that much money paid to me for conquering an alien race before (though, to be honest, I don't remember it ever happening in general). What is the formula for how much wealth they will pay you? I think it is perhaps because the war lasted so long (probably 10-20 years)?

Reparations = Total Wealth Balance * (Conquered Population / Total Empire Population )

If wealth balance is negative there are no reparations.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 12:10:15 AM »
The guys you conquered were just tremendously good at saving money. Sorium tycoons probably.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "