Author Topic: Export/Import ground force templates & organizations  (Read 633 times)

Offline Marski (OP)

• Commander
Export/Import ground force templates & organizations
« on: December 21, 2023, 03:46:22 PM »
What it says on the title

Ships have templates that you can export & import, why not ground forces?

The following users thanked this post: Kourgath223

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Export/Import ground force templates & organizations
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 06:25:11 PM »
Yeah, this has been asked multiple times and originally, before C# launched, Steve agreed that it would be useful. It just hasn't happened so I assume there are some complications under the hood.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 09:52:05 PM »
Yeah, this has been asked multiple times and originally, before C# launched, Steve agreed that it would be useful. It just hasn't happened so I assume there are some complications under the hood.

It may also be that the problem hasn't caught his interest on the programming side, since Steve usually works on what interests him. I can't speak for Steve, of course, but I usually don't create the same ground units multiple times on a given DB version, and transferring ground units between DB versions isn't doable, so I wouldn't naturally demand such a feature as a player.

Offline acantoni

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 11:04:01 PM »

Hold on... what???
I have been playing for years and every new game it takes 2+ hours to design the starting ships. Are you saying there is a way to Export from my previous game and import in a new one??

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 11:37:26 PM »

Hold on... what???
I have been playing for years and every new game it takes 2+ hours to design the starting ships. Are you saying there is a way to Export from my previous game and import in a new one??

Added in 2.2, I think, although some players are reporting a few bugs which will hopefully be fixed in 2.5 when it releases before Christmas.

Offline Marski (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2023, 08:09:51 AM »

It may also be that the problem hasn't caught his interest on the programming side, since Steve usually works on what interests him. I can't speak for Steve, of course, but I usually don't create the same ground units multiple times on a given DB version, and transferring ground units between DB versions isn't doable, so I wouldn't naturally demand such a feature as a player.
Well the C# suggestions section exists, so naturally it's meant to be used and as Steve himself has said; he occasionally pick up suggestions and try to see if they'll be good addition to the game or not.