Author Topic: Invisible gate or...  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Cedo0099 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • C
Invisible gate or...
« on: May 01, 2023, 07:46:23 AM »
Hi guys! First thank you for your time answering and helping me in the matter!

I'm a little off practice about Aurora4 X but i was never a good player so that's that. 

So not sure what kind of alien i have met as in addition to NPR there's raiders now.

My "little problem" is. . .  they are everywhere lool No seriously i have scouted with my science vessels about 4 to 8 systems and didn't meet any form of civ.  Then suddenly i saw in a 2 jump distance from earth a "big" fleet of vessel of little size.  I identified salvagers,  laser frigates of 2 sorts 800 tons max. 

Ok that's doable with my lack of skill BUT they can jump around without me knowing! Even on Earth imagine my shock.  Now i have taken the advantage but still they are roaming everywhere.

So i have searched for the wiki and around here and found some piece of information: Tell me if i'm wrong, so if NPR survey a system and you already scouted it, the game create an invisible jump point? How do i detect it? I tried a lot of thing (following with a battle fleet, a scouting vessel even science one).

Is this my problem or is it raiders? how do i counter them? I got some low tonnage battle station as statics defense and several of striking fleets but they can't be everywhere and my supplies of fuel is running low on Earth.

I need your kind help because that makes me a little crazy. . . .

Thank you.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Invisible gate or...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 11:49:56 AM »
Spoilers about Spoilers:

Raiders are able to travel between systems using a completely separate network, which is not related to the jump points and cannot be detected nor used by the player race or any NPRs.

So it is possible that there are some undetected JPs in the systems, but given that this is a relatively uncommon occurrence I think it is most likely Raiders.

Offline Cedo0099 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • C
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023, 01:50:46 PM »
Quote from: nuclearslurpee link=topic=13252. msg165014#msg165014 date=1682959796
Spoilers about Spoilers:

Raiders are able to travel between systems using a completely separate network, which is not related to the jump points and cannot be detected nor used by the player race or any NPRs.

So it is possible that there are some undetected JPs in the systems, but given that this is a relatively uncommon occurrence I think it is most likely Raiders.

Thx that makes sense! Ok so Raiders i must learn more things about them go search button :D

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 03:21:22 AM »
If they have a lot of 800 ton ships, they aren't raiders.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 08:46:51 AM »

In my current game, Raiders appear as 800 tons on sensors. If OP hasn't blown them up yet they may not have the intel to know any better yet.  ;)

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 09:43:33 AM »

In my current game, Raiders appear as 800 tons on sensors. If OP hasn't blown them up yet they may not have the intel to know any better yet.  ;)

Yes, good point, although he also mentioned lasers.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2023, 11:39:58 PM »

Yes, good point, although he also mentioned lasers.

OP will have to weigh in, but this may be the generic reaction to seeing "energy weapons" in the combat event without knowing better. Not to mention the intelligence window occasionally isn't.  ;)

By the way, I don't know what you did with the Raider AI, but it seems to be working... it may be a coincidence, but I swear they position their scouts to lie in wait and ambush my small fighter scouts when I try to stealthily tail their ships back to the point of origin... very frustrating! Well played, Steve, well played...