Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210381 times)

Offline NuclearStudent

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #600 on: December 24, 2016, 01:29:06 AM »
I suppose this is a bug of some sort, but I'm mainly posting because I found a clue and a way to fix it so I thought I'd pass that along.

My game was at times starting to generate a lot of "error 5:  Invalid call or proceedure" error messages.  That may not be word for word, but it was something close to that.  In resolving a 5 day block, I'd get something like 100 of those to click through before the turn could resolve.  It worked, but it was an annoying number of clicks.

A hint earlier on this pages pointed towards a fleet set to meet another fleet.  It wasn't exactly my error, but it was close enough to give me a hint.

In my game, I've had fleets refueling with a jump ship that is also set as a tanker.  And I realized that I'd just been shuffling these around as one was out for too long and getting bad morale, while another wasn't big enough to handle the ships I wanted to sent through.

So, I went through my fleets, and sure enough there were a couple still set to refuel with fleets that no longer existed.  I've got the habit of putting ships back into shipyard TG when they are home for awhile, so the fleet list is less cluttered and I've got one place to check to see if they've had enough shore leave.

So, I think I've solved the strings of error msgs by redoing the orders on those two fleets.

If someone else has the same sort of msgs, I hope that can help them out.

As a note, that will also happen if you set a fleet to follow a fleet that stops existing or leaves the system.

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #601 on: December 31, 2016, 12:13:42 AM »
I have an NPR (which I made using the create empire button) without a racial flag. It has no flag in the diplomacy screen and a error 76 pops up when I open the Galaxy Map. It does not show which flag file it is trying to use. Any way to switch an NPR's flag?

Offline Gladaed

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #602 on: January 05, 2017, 03:50:50 PM »
Major typo: You misspelled Herschel as Herscel in the solar system (astroid)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #603 on: January 05, 2017, 11:10:48 PM »
I have an NPR (which I made using the create empire button) without a racial flag. It has no flag in the diplomacy screen and a error 76 pops up when I open the Galaxy Map. It does not show which flag file it is trying to use. Any way to switch an NPR's flag?
Look closely at the error message, it will tell you the name of the missing flag, so just copy any flag in the flag folder and give it that number.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #604 on: January 08, 2017, 10:31:15 AM »
Got error 9 MoveToClosestItem not found.  I removed all default and conditional orders from my guys but still get it.
Looked at the DB log file and there was 12 NPR fleets that were having a error finding a jump point.

Is there someway to clear this? I saw no orders for them in FleetOrders so the only way I saw to clear it is to delete their fleets.  But that is less than ideal as it is a lot of tonnage. . .

Offline AuroraAwesomeness

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • A
« Reply #605 on: January 09, 2017, 05:22:23 AM »
Hi.  I hope this posts in the correct place.  Am having a bit of trouble posting from my phone.

Sorry if it doesn't post correctly.

So. . .  long story short ish. . . One day in the mid 2070's my game threw up a random error. . .  a "RaceUpdateShipClass 3265 (IIRC on the number. . .  can check later edit:have checked and corrected number) item does not exist in this library"

After much resetting (I keep regular saves of the db) and changing of variables I determined it was nothing to do with any manufacturing process, fleet order, shipyard/ground unit creation or task or any other process that I was running.  The error came at the same time on the same day no matter what I changed. 

After downloading the text version of the event log in SM mode I noticed that the error always got thrown up immediately after the Jalanu (an NPR) finished its research into Ion drive tech (which I am pretty sure they already had because the ships they used when I met them 40+ years ago in the game were pretty advanced but anyway. . . ). 

The error said that it couldn't update the ship class so I figured it was the NPR trying to update its classes after researching the new engine tech.  So. . .  after some google fu and getting the dev password, I Dev moded in and found the research project for the NPR and paused it.  Lo and behold, no error.  It was indeed an NPR trying to update its ship classes after completing some engine research. 

Does anyone know why it does this? Am I missing a file for NPR class updates? It says that the item does not exist in this library, which kinda made me think it was missing something.  I am fairly new to the game (about 6 weeks in) but downloaded 7. 1 off of the forum and followed install instructions to the letter.  Has never produced this error before and have been playing in game time for over 50 years. 

I asked on reddit first rather than the forum because I have obviously used the Dev mode password and wasn't sure if you would mind that as I didn't ask for it but instead found it on google.

Any info is appreciated.  Cheers.

P. S.  Sorry Steve, hope you don't mind about the password.  Your game is awesome! Thank you so very much. 

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #606 on: January 14, 2017, 05:46:24 PM »
Another option is to perhaps make SRM boating defensive ships with a mix of heavy shielding, point defence fighters (fighters with gauss turrets, using fighter fire control to push your max tracking speed even higher), armor, and damage control.
Fire on enemies from well out of beam range, but close enough in large enough salvos that they suffer a worse chance to hit your missiles by a lack of opportunity. Since they're short range missiles, you can push multipliers up higher or fuel usage lower to compensate.
They will try to fire on your ship with AMMs. Energy shields are your best defense against the likes of that.
Another thing to note: dummy missiles aren't really distinguishable from normal missiles from the enemy perspective if they look the same and are fired from the same ship.

Offline xorxand

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • x
Cant tell if bug or game setup issue
« Reply #607 on: January 22, 2017, 01:27:58 AM »
This is an advanced setup and those who have extensively been through the Conventional start/new race creation/new system will understand the key sequences.  I should not have to explain the below.

At this stage I am getting many errors as listed at the end of this post that I feel is some form of setup issue rather than a bug (as explained at the end of this post)

Windows 7 (64 bit)
Fresh Aurora 7. 1. 0

New game

game name
starting year 1
conventional radio button ***This clearly doesn't matter at this stage
population 1 (mil) ***This clearly doesn't matter at this stage
create SpaceMaster Empire
turn off real-world star systems

create game

select

game/select default race
SM Race

Spacemaster on

F9

Create system (multiple times to select something suitable)
Found suitable (requires terraform)
add colony (sm race 0M added)
system map
(navigate to populated to make environmental changes)
Hydrogen set to 0 (which sux as my robotic race do not require an atmosphere but the game wont allow me to create an empire without my race requiring lungs.  not that I have found yet)
Nitrogen and oxygen adjusted for lung abusers.
Abandon/yes/yes
close

system map closed
system generation closed and reopened to refresh

(Locate adjusted homeworld)
Create Empire

Empire Title
Short name
New Species
Empire theme (Khanate of Orion)
Govt type (Dictatorship)
Homeworld
New Species Name
Commander Theme (Machine Race #1)
Conventional radio button

Population 1(mil)

create empire

Close system generation screen

Game/select default race
(new race name)

F9
(select intended homeworld)
(New race has been updated to selected homeworld automatically)

Open the system map

Error in ShowMinerals - Error 35603 was generated by Nodes - Invalid Key
Error in ShowMinerals - Error 91 was generated by Aurora - Object variable or With block variable not set
Error in ShowMinerals - Error 91 was generated by Aurora - Object variable or With block variable not set
Error in ShowMinerals - Error 35600 was Generated by Nodes - Index out of bounds
Error in ShowMinerals - Error 35600 was Generated by Nodes - Index out of bounds

Error sequence happens each time I close and re-open the system map.

The reasons I say this is more likely a setup issue is that the errors dont appear when I change to the SM race in the system map.  Only Custom creates races are causing the issue for me.

Things I have tried:
HW Minerals
All Minerals
Body Survey
No SB Survey
Star SB Survey
Govt Types
Empire and commander themes

Any combination of the above and each time i end up at the same point.

I'm doing something wrong just cant quite nail it.

Thanks in advance.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #608 on: January 29, 2017, 08:07:21 AM »
When advancing time 5 days and 30 days I get odd wealth income reports that don't make sense at all.

5 days time advancement yields +5 wealth
30 days time advancement yields -400 wealth ( expected +30 wealth ).

This was repeatable by alternating between them back and forth, so not some result of radical changes in income/expenditure.

Offline Rye123

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Hi.
« Reply #609 on: January 29, 2017, 08:49:18 AM »
When playing multi-starts after researching Mobile Battalion in Faction A, all the other factions, regardless of their opinion of Faction A and of Faction A's opinion of them, get Replacement Battalion even though Faction A doesn't have them.  This is also true for some other techs.  Is this a bug?

Offline Peroox

• Petty Officer
  • P
« Reply #610 on: January 29, 2017, 03:55:42 PM »
Hi.  Maybe someone post the same problem, but I don't find it.

I load old game and encountered problem with coma.  After checking all computer settings don't have any idea how to deal with it.

Error 3705 was generated by DAO. Database

Syntax error (comma) in query expression 'NPRFleetType = 0 and RaceID = 133 and SystemID = 1052 and FleetID,.  6934 and Xcor = -26228835,8451 and Ycor = 86437771,576 '.

Can't open Task groups, others work fine. 
I try to bypass problem by doing turn, but my forces are in battle with NPC.

Offline NuclearStudent

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
« Reply #611 on: January 29, 2017, 11:07:47 PM »
When advancing time 5 days and 30 days I get odd wealth income reports that don't make sense at all.

5 days time advancement yields +5 wealth
30 days time advancement yields -400 wealth ( expected +30 wealth ).

This was repeatable by alternating between them back and forth, so not some result of radical changes in income/expenditure.

Is it the trade ships of your civilian corporation making trades?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #612 on: January 30, 2017, 06:27:10 AM »
You may have construction and other things eating wealth at different rates. For example, if you did that 30 day in 5 day increments you may have seen +5 +5 -100 +10 -310 -10.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #613 on: January 30, 2017, 07:48:42 AM »
Ships aren't automatically split from the task force when they are stopped when their fuel tanks are destroyed from enemy fire. Made me lose a lot of ground as I was chasing a missile fleet when some missiles got through to nail some lightly damaged ships, taking out their fuel tanks (had auto-turn set with min increment so I didn't notice when it happened). They still split fine when the engines are hit.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:51:07 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #614 on: February 06, 2017, 06:37:25 AM »
Is it the trade ships of your civilian corporation making trades?

Not in this case, It was before there was more then one colony.

You may have construction and other things eating wealth at different rates. For example, if you did that 30 day in 5 day increments you may have seen +5 +5 -100 +10 -310 -10.

Nope. Doing 5 day increments either displayed +5, +5, +5, +5, +5 consistently, or a slow rate of increment like  +5, +6, +7, +8, +9.

It was quite early in the game and I had alot of things "shut down", so my personal suspicion is that some of the shut down facilities still cost wealth when using the 30 day increment.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:40:52 AM by alex_brunius »