Author Topic: Video Tutorials  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Paladin (OP)

• Petty Officer
Video Tutorials
« on: March 04, 2014, 11:24:38 AM »
I have just posted video tutorials that should cover all aspects of The Academy (yes, including combat), minus a few things.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfr6P7DDWh9AHz0YgVvTt2RkKGBPebrR_

Max

Erik or other mod-If not appropriate in this section, please delete.  But from experience, I'm not one to look in the tutorial section for any new tutorial or news on Aurora.  The Academy is the first place I'd hit, thus why I posted here as well as tutorials.  I wanted word to get out and hopefully some people would see this and get an answer through that.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:27:28 AM by Erik Luken »

Offline Rawb

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • R
Re: Video Tutorials
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 03:56:40 PM »
Liked, subbed, fav'd, shared. Probably going to learn a lot from this myself  :).

Offline Paladin (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 04:24:49 PM »
Thanks so much, Rawb! Drop me, or anyone in The Academy, a line if you ever need assistance.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 11:53:38 PM »
Nicely done.  Especially liked seeing how combat worked.

Offline Paladin (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 07:23:49 AM »
Mastik, the thing that frustrated me the most was that in no tutorial ever did I see combat, and I had to piece it together myself from snippets from The Academy. I'm glad you liked seeing that, since it was my primary purpose for doing this project.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 12:48:55 PM »
Great work!

Some feedback on Episode #13
Small tip regarding powerplant / power requirements for your ship:

Look at the bottom left and you will see how much you need in total:

Another note on the same video: You forget to mention/put additional engineering spaces on the survey craft.
0.5 years maintenance life before your out of supplies and ship systems risk start blowing up due to failures isn't the best idea for a 4 year deployment time ship.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 12:57:11 PM by alex_brunius »

Offline Paladin (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 01:46:19 PM »
Alex,
Thank you for the compliment. Thank you for the criticisms too, they are absolutely correct and extremely helpful. Thank you.

As such, I have annotated the video based on this. I have marked one at time stamp 4:01 of the video, then one at 6:36. You were directly credited for both. If you (or anyone else) see any more mistakes, let it me know so I can put it in the video.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 02:07:03 PM »
Later saw that you corrected the mistake in episode #15 through refitting, so actually it's great to show how those game mechanics work too :)

Offline Paladin (OP)

• Petty Officer
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »
Everything is a learning point, haha! I mentioned on a new annotation that SM Mode can help you there too, but could be cheating. Annotation starts at 1:06