Author Topic: Need help for creating own race, empire, solar system etc  (Read 1674 times)

Offline Anteep (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
Need help for creating own race, empire, solar system etc
« on: February 06, 2010, 12:47:43 PM »
Is there a guide for creating your own race, empire, species etc?
because there is option for player race when starting up a new game.. I know it says not recommended for new players but I would like to try it, but I never have a solar system when I choose the option
I've edited my race, but still, what point is the race when there is no planets to live on?

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Need help for creating own race, empire, solar system etc
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 09:14:30 PM »
Quote from: "Anteep"
Is there a guide for creating your own race, empire, species etc?
because there is option for player race when starting up a new game.. I know it says not recommended for new players but I would like to try it, but I never have a solar system when I choose the option
I've edited my race, but still, what point is the race when there is no planets to live on?

If you're planning on setting up a new race, you first start by going into SM Mode, select the SM Race, create the home system by pressing the create System button on the F9 (System Information) screen (you will probably have to do this a number of times before you get a system you like/can use), then modifying the home planet youre going to use (if necessary) to the conditions you want, and THEN create the new race (Create Empire on the F9 screen).  The reason to do things in this order is that it makes sure that the home planet & the race are compatible.  Note DO NOT set up a player race in the companion system of a distant binary - even if there are LPs between the systems.  The hassle involved in managing the transition from the primary to the companion is just not worth it
Slàinte,

Mike