Author Topic: Aurora Floorplan  (Read 4989 times)

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
Aurora Floorplan
« on: February 19, 2013, 03:07:51 PM »
The floorplan of my science vessel, the Aurora. you can see it's specs at the Bureau of ship design. This is a 25,000 ton ship with a crew of 2,000 and luxury cabins available for an additional 250 scientists. The objective of the design is to transport non-space trained scientists to uncharted space, in order to conduct on-site research on deep space galactic phenomenon. It has the secondary mission of being totally cool.

we've heard rumors of hostile alien life at the periphery of alliance space, so the ship is lightly armored and shielded, and packs 2 positron beams and a compliment of 2 viking-class patrol vessels. These armaments also help the Aurora accomplish its secondary objective.

I drew up these plans in my class this morning. You might say there are better ways to waste a college-level archives class, but that's only because you aren't an archivist. Trust me, this is the best use of my time.

Decks 1 and 2

Deck 3 and luxury cabin closeups. There's an error on this page, #37 says "flag bridge" but it should say "bridge crew quarters". The flag bridge is located atop the normal bridge.

Bridge and flag bridge layout. I always do a quick bridge layout of my ships to help me better imagine what it's like to fly them. The flag bridge sits atop the ship's bridge, that's why there's a huge hole in the middle of it. I placed the bridges atop one another to better facilitate commodore-to-captain shouting matches. Also, I like the idea of the flag bridge having a photosteel window looking out into space, to better help with objective II

I'm going to do a detailed floorplan of the laboratory complex on deck 1 as well.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 04:23:56 PM by Theodidactus »
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline MagusXIX

• Lieutenant
Re: Aurora Floorplan
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:49:27 AM »
Awesome.

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 02:38:54 PM »
Looks quite good.

Offline Theodidactus (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 05:08:53 PM »
just finished their construction. The "Star Ranger" and the "nova" will be part of large survey fleets that are going to geosurvey the whole of known space...The "Aurora" itself will be leaving in a month for parts unknown. There will be fiction covering its travels.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound