Author Topic: Question about reduced height windows  (Read 8286 times)

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
Question about reduced height windows
« on: October 03, 2014, 09:12:29 AM »
I have a 1900*1020 resolution on my win 7 laptop. So it seems reduced height windows are a pretty good option.
One question: Are they complete? Is there anything to be found in full height windows that has been left out of reduced height windows?

The following users thanked this post: Tor Cha

Offline linkxsc

• Commander
Re: Question about reduced height windows
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 11:17:54 AM »
So far they seem complete. Although the ship design window has a minor overlap on the left side witb some text voxes (easily worked around)

Although honestly i play on a 768 high monitor, and with reduced height... I can still play the game. Some of the buttons though you have to search for. (For example, the missile and turret design buttons normally at the bottom of the research project window, i have to use the ones at the bottoms of the industry window.

1 thing i will mention if you are just starting though, is that the game has a few bugs on windows 7 due to many old .dll files no longer being included. The most annoying of them is that you probably cant use the "system information" window (opened by 'F9' ) among some other minor bugs. (Though I legit cant find a reason to NEED the system info window as yet)

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 03:56:46 PM »
Heh, it works for me (the system information window). I already abused it, with spacemaster mode, to put some more TNT on the moon.

Offline Xkill

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 05:14:40 PM »
It's probably best if you use a program that allows the 'scrolling' of windows, that way you can play with any window height you want. I recommend 'Infinite Screen' as I have been using it for quite some time. It has lots of functionality, it's free and it gets the job done.

http://ynea.futureware.at/cgi-bin/infinite_screen.pl

Offline Tor Cha

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 11:58:30 PM »
It's probably best if you use a program that allows the 'scrolling' of windows, that way you can play with any window height you want. I recommend 'Infinite Screen' as I have been using it for quite some time. It has lots of functionality, it's free and it gets the job done.

http://ynea.futureware.at/cgi-bin/infinite_screen.pl
I have found that the Infinite_screen Has a Fault or the Web site does Every time i go there My Anti Virus,Mal-wear,and Other Programs go Off. If there is a Nother One out there Please Let me Know

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 12:47:52 AM »
Some antiviruses give false positives every time you do anything that messes with Windows. As this program hijacks the desktop display it's pretty safe to assume it should always be flagged as potentially bad.
But I can't test it myself so I'm not going to suggest using something potentially bad.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

The following users thanked this post: Tor Cha

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 06:35:50 AM »
I've used infinite screen on my (mini) laptop which has a 10 inch screen. Can't say I recommend playing Aurora like this, but it did work and my computer hasn't broken yet. If you do decide to try the program and you use the Aurora wrapper, then you will need to run infinite screen in admin mode too.