Author Topic: Design-Only Tech Systems?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Jorgen_CAB (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Design-Only Tech Systems?
« on: November 06, 2014, 12:01:25 PM »
This one has eluded me for a long time... I can't simply figure out how to flag a tech system as Design-Only so I can use it but not build the ships so I can see how ships could be built.

I know the feature somehow is there in the design screen but I never got that to work.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Design-Only Tech Systems?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 02:25:51 PM »
Mark the tech as obsolete and when in the ship design menu, check the box that says show obsolete systems. Or you could obsolete the ship then un-obsolete later.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Jorgen_CAB (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 04:44:03 PM »
No, that is not it... there is a box for Design-Only technology... I'm not after obsolete technology. It should be technology you designed but did not research yet, I know that should be possible... I have seen it before. It is marked with (D) before the tech when that chechbox is marked called "Own Tech Only".

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 02:13:47 AM »
No, that is not it... there is a box for Design-Only technology... I'm not after obsolete technology. It should be technology you designed but did not research yet, I know that should be possible... I have seen it before. It is marked with (D) before the tech when that chechbox is marked called "Own Tech Only".

That is not design-only tech, that is tech systems you have salvaged from NPR wrecks. You can look in your stockpile and see how many of each you have. You can then build as many ships as you have systems available, assuming they are where your shipyards are.
IanD

Offline Jorgen_CAB (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 04:12:27 AM »
OK... so I didn't go crazy when I tried to find the option to create "design-only tech" in fact what is called "design-only tech" is the tech you salvaged (it say so in the tool tip). That is why I seen it before I just got confused and tried to find the functionality of creating tech and designate them as "design-only". I guess I just have to continue to use "Instant" in SM mode to do such technology for design purposes.