Author Topic: Test posts for Truely Bizzare forum problem 2.0: 403 forbidden kingdom  (Read 5238 times)

Offline MarcAFK (OP)

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
As referenced here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=7958.0
and here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=7798.msg81847#msg81847
Below I will attempt to pinpoint what caused the problem in the earlier post I failed to make. 
Edit: once again I get forbidden when trying the entire thing.

Here it is split in 2:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:25:03 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline MarcAFK (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Anti missile missiles are generally designed as size 1, using as much warhead as nessicary for one damage, a little agility and fuel and all the rest as a single engine of maximum power multiplier.
You need a resolution 1 fire sensor to detect the missiles you want to target, and then A resolution 1 fire control of equal range to target it. The logic behind using size 1 AMMs is that they will reload very fast and you'll get more in your magazine.
Putting sensors on missiles is good for larger anti shipping missiles.
When you fire a missile it's target needs to stay in range of the launching ships fire control otherwise it'll lose contact and self destruct when it runs out if fuel. If you add sensors to the missile then it will keep following the same path until running out if fuel, or it detects something in which case it will go after that contact. They won't des dominate but the way sensors work means your best chance if requiring a target is if it's quite large.
Forget about AMMs that can require missiles until you're very high tech level, however a small sensor would still be useful if you use them for sandpaper attacks against ships.
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline MarcAFK (OP)

• Vice Admiral
The main advantage of sensors is that any that miss can retarget the ship and try again, just make sure the sensor is powerful enough to detect the size of contact you expect to be fighting at the range of your missiles turnaround distance.
If your missile goes 20Kkms, and your target goes 10Kkms then when it misses it'll be 30Kkms away from the target per second, and since sensor updates are at a 5 second minimum then you need to multiply by 5.
So 150,000 kilometers.

Offline MarcAFK (OP)

• Vice Admiral
The following triggers the error except when any of the words is in italics, spoilered, in code, etc, each word must have a space before and after it;
" case if then "
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:58:09 AM by MarcAFK »

Offline MarcAFK (OP)

• Vice Admiral
This sentence will trigger the error too unless either of the trigger words is in italics:
Just in case if any intervening words makes no difference then I have no idea.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:57:25 AM by MarcAFK »

Offline MarcAFK (OP)

• Vice Admiral
A chance from technology.
Just in time of the great Hiroshima conference, a man named Renraku Shiawase made his entrance and presented a novel discovery. To be exact, it had been theory for a very long time, but was mostly outside of experimental reach. Shiawase had apparently found the answers quite a while ago, yet decided to seclude himself from the academic process, which, in Japan, had long been under strong surveillance of the 5 eyes.
The riddle that Renraku managed to solve was as little as the secret of time itself. For long the source of time was unknown. Was it a real progress, like the movement on a 4th spacial dimension we could only perceive in the slices that form our present? Or was it all but an illusion created by the mind, to attribute a flow towards something that was just a mechanical predicted succession of actions in the common 3 dimensional space?
Time was indeed an illusion in some sense, and it was caused by two great counter-acting forces: the ever progressing expansion of space, and the inverse acting gravitational pull caused by the residue energy contained in it.
The amazingly weak force of gravity, and the near undetectable slow expansion, they form the motor of particles and atoms on the smallest scale. A little expansion here, - immediately counteracted by the gravity "falling" it back together, causing a wiggling and turbulence, basically movement, that renders the smallest things into the primal source cogwheels whose "motion" determines how fast or slow the time will flow.
The two big numbers could thus be easily exaggerated to infinity and nothing when it comes to time. Wherever great energy was found, the wiggling of the smallest slowed down, and being the primal impulse of all higher objects, time altogether slowed down accordingly, while however the energy low space in the distance around it continued to progress fast, causing the time differentials described by relativity.
Eventually the pull could get so strong that it annulled the expansion altogether, freezing time locally until the end of the universe around it was reached. On the contrast, space could become so devoid of energy that its expansion had near, or in bare theory, also up to infinite reign, causing an entirely different kind of particle freeze, as "motion" was again not possible with no particle falling back, so time would 'fast-forward' in its entirety until a destination or again the (time-)end of the universe was reached - subjectively in all but the flash of a moment for the particles involved.

This was all but hypothesis for long, as for as long as there was no instrument with which to manipulate gravity in meaningful scales, there really was no way of testing the predictions in practice. Shiawase wouldn't have even begun to think about it either, if it wasn't for a related discovery. He asked himself the simple question: "If 6/7, meaning the vast majority of matter consist of the ominous dark matter, - then where is it?"
Dark matter, which in the most popular of many hypothesis', might just be real matter that just did not interact via electromagnetism, but still possessed gravity. If that was real though, and considering dark matters sheer abundance, there should have been some strange visa even in the solar system around us. As this idea of dark matter could not form bonds and structures without electromagnetism, it would instead directly fall to the core of planets and any heavy object to amass there, creating for us unexplainable mass or density of certain stellar bodies. ...Yet all the density of the stellar bodies in the solar system can be perfectly explained with the density of material we find on the very surface of earth.
So did we just happen to live in one rare pocket, where there was no dark matter, but still a lot electromagnetic one? Most unlikely.
Report to moderator     Logged
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy
Vandermeer
Captain

[applaud] [smite]

Re: EU - circle of stars
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:25:01 AM »
Multiple approaches existed to explain that observational discrepancy, but only Renraku found the right one. As dark matter and regular matter close into each other, they interact in such way that a by all means negative energy gravity bubble (, so a  convex bubble) slowly develops between them, working to accelerate them apart. The cause of this is another unknown force of nature, a force that only applies to dark matter, as electromagnetism only applies to regular one.
In practice, the effect caused looks very much like anti-magnetic repulsion, although the field in which the repulsion generates only comes into existence at the vicinity of both matter types. Thus dark matter mostly exists along with the electromagnetic one, as it bundles together locally with its peers mostly, and the offshoots get send back from the sudden aversion both types develop for each other.
...That does however not mean that contact is completely impossible. For example sometimes some random occurrence of "hot" dark matter (meaning it acquired lots of kinetic energy in some way) may just have enough push so that the field in-between both types cannot successfully avert it. Though plunged into a chaotic trail in em-matter territory for sure, in even rarer cases, this dark matter particle or stream will now collide with actual regular matter.
In such cases, something novel occurs, as strong nuclear force holds grip, and both types vanish to take a place in a completely new series of elements, not describable by the PSE. When finally bound in this way, the repellent field disappears, and holds no sway over the matter anymore, making the new object appear just as heavy as both elements combined should have been. As the EM interactivity of these compound-atoms was for the most part (but not entirely) extinguished in nearly every case, the new matter could largely be categorized into only 11 groups and their 'derivatives', taking only mass and the core bonding particle into account (e.g. pure proton{Duranium}, pure neutron{...}, some mixtures of the different baryons, types of mesons, and even electrons{Sorium})

Their most amazing property yet, - and here is where Renraku managed to prove the nature of time itself -, was that they could be temporarily separated again, or better "stretched"*, as the conventional matter particles (and only the conventional ones) in these new compound atoms still responded to some selective em interactions. This stretching is however enough for the repellent negative bubble to form again, and emerge stronger than the c-atoms combined weight. In other words: anti-gravity.

* = Strong force always gets stronger the higher the distance, so though first separation might work, an entire split is really difficult. (which is why its boson is called "Gluon")
Report to moderator     Logged
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy
Vandermeer
Captain

[applaud] [smite]

Re: EU - circle of stars
« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:25:15 AM »
With such a tool finally at the hand of a lab and humanity, some quick but decisive answers could immediately be found.
1. The curvature of space was limited to none or negative. All that the gravity bubble managed to annul was existing attraction, and the residue zero point energy of space, thus limiting the maximum counter force generation quite strongly when in relative vacuum.
(also one of many nails in the coffin of warp drives)
2. Space without curvature, flat space, had no time. Just like photons who didn't feel gravity, a of gravity completely evacuated space would progress with light-speed seen from the outside, and infinitely fast as seen from the inside.
3. The light-speed limit itself could be traced back to indirectly stem from a fundamental property of space, - its expansion rate. Light-speed has thus never been a constant, but increased throughout the aging universe, and may do so forever.
..4+. Many potential answers in cosmology and implications regarding the early universe and the true revised age of the universe when taking non-constant light-speed into account. The topics are numerous of course, and will keep theorists busy for the next 3 generations at least.

For the Hiroshima conference only one discovery mattered at that moment, which is that anti-gravity was possible, and that space travel inside the margin of the solar system, could quickly become amazingly feasible.
Since there was no conceivable way that any endeavor to realize development in the direction of space travel would stay unnoticed, and especially, not appear threatening when noticed -potentially triggering the feared cataclysm early-, the CSA would be invited along with the other countries of the world, to collaborate on development and prototypes. It offered a chance get the diversion that was needed, and though there was no agreement between the meeting countries about what to do exactly to create a secured emergency survival, it was clear that binding up attention and resources of the threat had to be the way to go.
Almost everyone was sure that the CSA had lost too much talent potential to really compete in the race, and thus would fail to leave with any serious advantage out of the collaboration. Yet that quickly turned out to be grievous misjudgement...

[pause]
Jeez, I just wanted to post some screens and then continue playing, because I didn't want what was happening to go to waste. ..Then I got ideas which I thought would quickly be written down, and now I have been writing and thinking for 3 days on backstory and how to make sense of the science. Still more  too.
I bet the next thing that will happen is probably that I will lose the first battle, and get nuked thereafter, making all this here a waste of time.

Offline MarcAFK (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Re: Test posts for Truely Bizzare forum problem 2.0: 403 forbidden kingdom
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 01:55:11 PM »
Word is 1
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:10:15 PM by MarcAFK »

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 05:07:46 AM »
I encountered the exact same quirk, only on the wiki. First I assumed it was some unsupported charset, then that I stumbled across some misfiring antispam regex addon, but after further extermination I came to the same results as you do.

Still, I have no idea why or how this happens (only that this silliness can always be circumvented by replacing 1 specific word at the middle), but wanted to drop by and say that you are not alone in this. And that its must be something running on the sever if it effects both forum and wikimedia platforms.

Offline MarcAFK (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 07:35:41 AM »
That misfiring anti spam regex thing sounds interesting, maybe it's related to the supposed high server resource usage of the wiki.