Author Topic: Logistically supporting fleet(s)  (Read 1258 times)

Offline ty55101 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
Logistically supporting fleet(s)
« on: June 01, 2016, 07:46:36 PM »
So, how do you guys support your fleets as they get farther from your start.  Do you have a ship/pdc with maintenance modules, fit ships to go for years without supplies, bring maintenance supplies on the ships to just repair when needed, or something else?

This game I am playing the ships have a much shorter maintenance life and range than my last ones, so I am trying to figure out how to support them without just expanding my colonies.
More guns = more funs

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Logistically supporting fleet(s)
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 09:13:36 PM »
My fleets are usually self sufficient for several star systems (60b km+ range with years of life). But for the long term when my empire gets large I set up fleet bases (space stations) with limited factory production (a factory on the ground with some population in orbital habitats), maintenance capability (maintenance module on a station part), defensive capability (weapon bays, fighters, and FACs), and repair/rearm capabilities (large hangar that can fit capital ships).
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.