Author Topic: Where do new NPRs go?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Jumpp (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • J
Where do new NPRs go?
« on: December 01, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »
I've conquered what I expect is the last remaining NPR in my universe. I'd like to add a new one. If I do, using that SM option to add a new NPR, where will it spawn?

Specifically, can it appear in a system I've already explored?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Where do new NPRs go?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 11:19:03 AM »
I believe they are generated with an undiscovered system with a suitable planet. But I haven't played around with it much yet.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 12:56:58 PM »
I've conquered what I expect is the last remaining NPR in my universe.
That is an incredible achievement! :o You state it so casually, but I've tried in so many so long games, and I have yet never even come close to discover all the systems and the NPR therein. (I believe around 200+ systems was my survey record so far)

Anyway, I also have no idea where the new NPR from the "Add NPR" option go, but I would simply create them from the F9 menu anyway. There you have "Create Empire" in whose menu you can choose to create NPR. You have to go to the system where you want it, and click the planet that should be their home.(eventually adjust for oxygen beforehand, and maybe spawn homeworld resource after generation)
Downside is of course that you cannot have them spawned in a random location. Don't know if that is sufficient for you.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 01:04:41 PM »
Its on the main game bar under the SpaceMaster tab.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Jumpp (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 01:31:24 PM »
That is an incredible achievement! :o You state it so casually, but I've tried in so many so long games, and I have yet never even come close to discover all the systems and the NPR therein. (I believe around 200+ systems was my survey record so far)

Could be I've drawn some incorrect conclusions, then. Here's what I know:

I started the game with a single NPR.

In 2050 I discovered an NPR, the Halych, about four jumps away from Sol.  In 2052 I conquered them. Near as I can tell, they never left their home system.

Not long after that, I hit the "Add New NPR" button.

In 2062 I discovered an NPR, the Regulus, about six jumps away from Sol. In 2064 I conquered them. I don't think they moved any people outside their home system, but they'd sent out several surveyors. I inherited five of these, which had been in the field for roughly ten years.  They'd explored on the order of 50 systems, and I have no evidence that they discovered any NPRs out there.

So I speculate that the Halych were the starting NPR, and the Regulus were created when I hit the "Add NPR" button.  That's two NPRs found and conquered, and so I figure there are none left. Doesn't seem sporting (or worthwhile) to sit tight and just build stuff with nobody but the occasional spoiler to shoot at.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 02:03:38 PM »
Once again we cannot give conclusions with the information given. What is your NPR spawn chance? This it the chance that a NPR will spawn when you find a system with a suitable planet for life. If greater than zero, one of those two may have been a spawned NPR from either your exploration or the exploration of the other NPR.

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 02:10:26 PM »
The Halych sound like a randomly generated NPR made when you explored their system. The Regulus sound like one of the two generated NPRs. At a guess I would say you have at least one NPR out there somewhere.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 06:22:03 PM »
If you open up the system summary you'll see a list of all systems that have been generated. It's a spoiler yes, but if you see systems there you haven't discovered it's a good bet there's an NPR in one.
If you use add NPR then look at that screen there will be a new system there, that's your proof that the option works. Or at least it does add a new system anyway.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "