Author Topic: NPR/NPR relations  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
NPR/NPR relations
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:27:16 AM »
I am aware how each empire has two effective tables of diplomacy, one being what they think of me and another visa versa. When looking at two NPR races is there any way to gather intel with regards to how they view each other? I know I can just watch to see if they shoot at each other but it would also be useful to guage if they are engaged in trade etc.

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: NPR/NPR relations
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 01:22:29 PM »
One of the areas where Aurora is a little weak is in NPR intelligence. As far as I know, there's no way to figure out NPR/NPR relationships.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »
One of the areas where Aurora is a little weak is in NPR intelligence. As far as I know, there's no way to figure out NPR/NPR relationships.

If they shoot at each other, that's an indication the relationship is not going well :)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 01:51:03 PM »
If they shoot at each other, that's an indication the relationship is not going well :)

"But it was a friendly shot!"

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 07:43:21 AM »
I'm guessing then that seeing missiles fly is about the only indicator I have of any kind of relations? Obviously it would indicate the beginnings of hostility and the amount of weapons fire or ship movements could give a rough idea of a possible war/invasion level of hostility.

Apart from that then all relations from plain neutral up to full allied and research sharing will appear to be identical from an outside perspective? Sllightly unrelated but is there a method folks use to try and identify an NPR civilian ship? If I could at least learn how to spot starliners and such I could them begin to make guesses on trade relations and such.

Offline Theodidactus

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 08:59:16 AM »
that is a bit easier.

Military ships are almost never bigger than 50,000 tons, for starters

Also, there's rarely a reason to have more than 3-4 30,000 ton ships

So if you're seeing lots of aship that's big, it's almost certainly civilian.

The most important hint though is activiity. Think about what your system would look like to an alien: clusters of military ships around planets and jump points, civilian ships constantly flitting through the central system. If you're seeing many copies of a big ship that's moving around a lot with other ones like it, it's almost certainly a commercial ship, possibly a jump point constructor.
My Theodidactus, now I see that you are excessively simple of mind and more gullible than most. The Crystal Sphere you seek cannot be found in nature, look about you...wander the whole cosmos, and you will find nothing but the clear sweet breezes of the great ethereal ocean enclosed not by any bound