Author Topic: Recuding NPR events  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Recuding NPR events
« on: July 09, 2014, 06:05:18 PM »
I have an issue in my current game that I am hoping just needs a check box or something to fix. I am currently at full allied relations with an NPR with them giving me full military and research access. However I have just started to get lot and lots of event messages about that race ships, I have no vessels of my own in their system, but there are some civilian ships making trade runs at the location of the ship events.

I can only guess that these civilian ships have low power sensors and are making the thermal contacts with each time turn. The problem is this is giving me hundreds and hundreds of messages in the event window. Most of this is being taken up with things such as a thermal contact being made (I presume as the trade ship approaches the planet), and then a thermal contact being lost (I presume now as the trade ship departs back to my space). This is then being multiplied by the number of vessels of the NPR race and then it seems to be again multiplied overall by how many trade ships I have in their space each time turn.

At last count on a 30 day cycle I had to expand the event list to 2000 messages to allow me to scroll to the top of that time section to ensure I did not have anything important in my own empire take place. Now obviously I can understand it being useful to have this kind of free information about the NPR to hand but if I really want to keep a check on their vessels I will just park a sensor ship in their space and monitor them. So is there an option to turn off these notifications for allied/friendly contacts?

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
Re: Recuding NPR events
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:14:27 PM »
Try the filter events button at the bottom of the events log, there should be an "Allied Contact Update" option there. Not sure how effective it will be, though.

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Re: Recuding NPR events
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 04:21:04 AM »
That did the trick perfectly along with the "new allied contact update" I had totally forgotten the filter button opened up a new window.