Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 268254 times)

Offline DattMuffinMan

• Leading Rate
  • D
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #1290 on: February 18, 2016, 11:02:26 AM »
Update: Alright this didn't go well, one of my surveyor ships bumped into their ships and got shot down in the process sparking hostility right away Blucher 002, all 15 surviving crew were stranded and left to die because I had no offensive capable ships and couldn't risk my only CVE.   But my first generation navy nears completion a year after contact.   I create the 2nd Himmelschutzen Fuhrung aboard the CC Damerung Star headed by Kommodore Bianka Woldenberg and sigh with relief as I can begin training excercises. 

However, a day later on July the 13th 30575 5 Bogeys all in the 9000 ton range are picked up as thermal signatures.   I rub my hands together as my 80k+ warmachines armed with countless ASM's point their merciless launch tubes in their direction. 

Unfortunately though these guys must have cloaks because they are well within the Kill zone of 859m Km res50 Sensors/missiles.   This might take awhile to resolve, dammit I knew I should've created an IR ASM.   If they get too close intelligence tells me my Railguns will out range theirs by over 400k km.   So thats nice.   But if they have anything more serous than that and have super lasers up their sleeve things will get.  .  .   interesting. 

PS: Nope not cloaking, its ECM.  Damnit, its the one thing I forgot on my designs(And I can't simply refit Q_Q), an ECCM for each launch tube.  My Firing Range is currently almost cut in half.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 11:17:05 AM by DattMuffinMan »

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
« Reply #1291 on: February 22, 2016, 04:01:36 PM »
I've liberated 50 POWs. Sort of. I am going to take the liberty of going through my Officer list and giving assignments to all the "Location: Unknown" ones (happens to them after capture).

I didn't quite kill a 100 million aliens for each one, but it's in that order of magnitude.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #1292 on: February 23, 2016, 04:33:19 PM »
My empire just located one of the largest assets we could have ever have found. I'm thinking it'll last us a good few centuries, at least.

Offline misora

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • m
« Reply #1293 on: February 25, 2016, 08:41:44 PM »
My empire just located one of the largest assets we could have ever have found. I'm thinking it'll last us a good few centuries, at least.

Is that really, just one ton of mercassium?

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #1294 on: February 25, 2016, 08:51:19 PM »
It's whats needed to build really large Goats I imagine
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #1295 on: February 25, 2016, 10:38:09 PM »
After two years the Sorium and Fuel Crisis of 2050 is lessening with the United States out of it and the Republic of India less than a year from closing the gap. China still has some ways to go. While the Empire of Japan, Federal Republic of Germany, and Orthdox Kingdom of Russia are still deep in the grips of the crisis.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1296 on: February 26, 2016, 04:32:14 AM »
And this, dear kids, is the reason why you never build 24 missile bases with 30 launchers each, firing str-36 Trans-Newtonian ICBM's...

I've rendered Earth uninhabitable in 5 seconds ... okay maybe in 5 minutes but only because of the slow reload time of my launchers. But i was kinda frakked already after the first salvo.
The fact that i was the one attacked is kinda moot at this point ....

So can someone tell me how long will it take for that much dust to fade away ??
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:36:22 AM by Lossmar »
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #1297 on: February 26, 2016, 04:40:01 AM »
Ouch, good luck recovering from that...
Still trying to track down the home system of those slippery aliens; they stopped sending in ships after I mobilised the fleet so I can't exactly follow them back to the source anymore. Well, I set up a network of sensor buoys on every jump point for the next 3 or so systems out from Sol in the direction they came from, so the moment they send any further ships I can pinpoint their point of origin.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1298 on: February 26, 2016, 04:47:00 AM »

I wont. By the January 2115 the Earth population has fallen to 39 milion people. :P And 0% in the manufacturing sector. Planet suitability have fallen from 14.1813 to 14.0239 ... so at that rate, Earth will become habitable again in what ? Early 23rd century ?
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #1299 on: February 26, 2016, 04:52:47 AM »
Now if only someone in a position of power had the foresight to get some colonies going before having a nuclear exchange on Earth  ::)

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1300 on: February 26, 2016, 04:59:44 AM »
Now if only someone in a position of power had the foresight to get some colonies going before having a nuclear exchange on Earth  ::)

Kinda hard to do that in 10 years, when starting as a 500m quasi conventional ( SM-ed base TN tech, 500 factories + 500 auto-mines but nothing else )  empire against 3 other TN empires  ..

Offline AL

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #1301 on: February 26, 2016, 05:04:30 AM »
Fair enough, I usually stay Earthbound for a fair time even when I'm the only empire in Sol so I should probably keep my mouth shut on this point.  :P

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #1302 on: February 26, 2016, 06:09:58 AM »
Still trying to track down the home system of those slippery aliens; they stopped sending in ships after I mobilised the fleet so I can't exactly follow them back to the source anymore. Well, I set up a network of sensor buoys on every jump point for the next 3 or so systems out from Sol in the direction they came from, so the moment they send any further ships I can pinpoint their point of origin.
if you wish to be truely paranoid, you could start re-grav survey your systems to check for dormant jp :)

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1303 on: February 26, 2016, 06:25:34 AM »
if you wish to be truely paranoid, you could start re-grav survey your systems to check for dormant jp :)
Will that even work ?

BTW: In 2251 Earth suitability finally returned to normal... but in 2267 radiation level is still as high as 21k ( at least dust have cleared ) and its estimated that it will take more than two centuries before it will drop to 0.

Wouldn't it be nice if underground infrastructure provided some shelter from radiation ? After all, Vaults in Fallout did :P
In the hindsight i can say - i screwed when i attacked USAN and PATC ... Initial salvos against Caliphate ( who attacked me ) only upped the Earth suitability to 4 point something and i could easily survived that..
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 06:27:38 AM by Lossmar »

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #1304 on: February 26, 2016, 06:45:11 AM »
Speaking of Earth disasters, solar warming has finally started driving Earth outside the habilitabiity zone. I spent 30 years preparing, but I still don't feel prepared...  Not nearly enough people have been evacuated to other solar systems (~200 million with ~900 million still on earth.)

Will that even work ?
Yes, there's a 'No JP Survey' button in the f9 screen that will reset the survey points so you can survey the system again. It won't destroy your knowledge of the existing JPs, just set the system to be resurveyable