Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 268212 times)

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #1590 on: December 07, 2016, 05:57:41 PM »
A certain spoiler race, with a 200000 ton ship has a planet garrisoned with a combat value of 520... Is this new? Never seen it before?
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #1591 on: December 17, 2016, 11:07:35 AM »
My star map is starting to look quite interesting. Not long ago there were still three unexplored jump points in the Gypsum system, which at that point was accessible through Lancaster. Sending a survey ship through revealed a new connection to my home system, Aldor. Which is awesome, because Gypsum contains several colonizable bodies and an abundance of minerals at decent accessibility, and until now it was a 30 billion km trip. That has been reduced to 8 billion km! Step are taken to ensure the security of the system and initiate colonizing effort. Of the last two unexplored jump points, one also led to a known system, Potgietersus, and the last led to a nebula, that is being ignored for now. A few other jump points also established new connections, so there are a lot of places that now have easier access.

I've also recently reached magneto plasma tech and have begun upgrading my fleet. Hopefully I will finally be able to take care of the last few precursor ships in Lamon, before scouting out and invading Allyuen. I have begun designing a proto-type of my new class of bio-warfare capital ships.

Code: [Select]
Force Elemental class Capital Terraformer    194 400 tons     974 Crew     7851.6 BP      TCS 3888  TH 4800  EM 0
1234 km/s     Armour 10-298     Shields 0-0     Sensors 5/5/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
MSP 25    Max Repair 500 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 24 months    Spare Berths 0   
Terraformer: 5 module(s) producing 0.0125 atm per annum

320 EP Commercial Magneto-plasma Drive (15)    Power 320    Fuel Use 3.04%    Signature 320    Exp 4%
Fuel Capacity 3 000 000 Litres    Range 91.3 billion km   (856 days at full power)

CIWS-120 (20x6)    Range 1000 km     TS: 12000 km/s     ROF 5       Base 50% To Hit
Thermal Sensor TH1-5 (1)     Sensitivity 5     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  5m km
EM Detection Sensor EM1-5 (1)     Sensitivity 5     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  5m km

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes

They will of course be accompanied by meson points defence cruisers, while my main fleet takes care of offensive ships :)

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #1592 on: December 18, 2016, 09:44:22 PM »
Truce timer expired a while ago, i was unsure if this cold war would ever go hot but it happened rather suddenly :)

The largest Eurasian vessel being a carrier was an unwelcome surprise. 288 missiles made it through the gauss curtain and CIWS mounts with strength 10 hits, killing 90 million people and wiping out half of my industrial strength (as well as 160,000 tons of PDCs; fortunately, one PDC survived the barrage intact). Radiation and dust will blanket the earth for years to come.   Fortunately, at least half the Eurasian fleet left for an unknown objective last year; it is unknown whether they will come back or if they are slowly driftin wreckage orbiting an alien sun.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 02:36:34 PM by TheDeadlyShoe »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #1593 on: December 23, 2016, 06:05:41 AM »
Truce timer expired a while ago, i was unsure if this cold war would ever go hot but it happened rather suddenly :)

The largest Eurasian vessel being a carrier was an unwelcome surprise. 288 missiles made it through the gauss curtain and CIWS mounts with strength 10 hits, killing 90 million people and wiping out half of my industrial strength (as well as 160,000 tons of PDCs; fortunately, one PDC survived the barrage intact). Radiation and dust will blanket the earth for years to come.   Fortunately, at least half the Eurasian fleet left for an unknown objective last year; it is unknown whether they will come back or if they are slowly driftin wreckage orbiting an alien sun.

Or worse, being turned into several hundred spoilers which will eventually bite you when you find them!
Ian
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:23:39 AM by IanD »
IanD

Offline NuclearStudent

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
« Reply #1594 on: December 24, 2016, 01:31:01 AM »
Or worse, being turned into several hundred spoilers which will eventually bite you when you find them!
Ian

The small squishy spoilers are fine, because they can be kited and killed fairly easily.

Surprisingly, it's the middling drones I hate.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #1595 on: December 24, 2016, 03:34:30 PM »
I found myself in a situation when I have to manually target anti-missiles against incoming shipkillers. Not. Fun.

Offline NuclearStudent

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
« Reply #1596 on: December 25, 2016, 12:24:42 AM »
I found myself in a situation when I have to manually target anti-missiles against incoming shipkillers. Not. Fun.

why and how?

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #1597 on: December 25, 2016, 05:27:21 AM »
The attacking fleet has been using a mixed strike of shipkillers and anti-missiles in offensive mode. The defending fleet had more or less enough launchers and ammunition to deal with shipkillers, but not them and anti-missiles both. And of course the automated targeting would try to intercept everything and the first time when I tried the battle out, I lost the entire defending fleet. So I had to go ahead and manually target the shipkillers while leaving anti-missiles for gauss cannons and railguns. Not. Fun.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #1598 on: December 25, 2016, 04:34:36 PM »
The small squishy spoilers are fine, because they can be kited and killed fairly easily.

Surprisingly, it's the middling drones I hate.

The last time I found a couple of swarm systems they contained >10,000 drones because an Earth based NPR plus at least one other NPR had been feeding them ships for about 10 years.

How sad I am doing this on Christmas day!! ;D
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 07:19:05 AM by IanD »
IanD

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #1599 on: December 26, 2016, 04:00:57 AM »
The last time I found a couple of swarm systems they contained >10,000 drones because an Earth based NPR plus at least one other NPR had been feeding them ships for about 10 years.

How sad I am doing this on Christmas day!! ;D

Wait a god damned minute : Swarm actually feeds on ships they destroy ?

Panic.jpg
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #1600 on: December 26, 2016, 07:39:11 AM »
Wait a god damned minute : Swarm actually feeds on ships they destroy ?

Panic.jpg

Yes they do. When you attack them, better make it count and kill them, or next time the zombies will rise. Errr.. the minerals will be used. Against you. Don't do that, don't feed the swarm
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 05:52:36 AM by Zincat »

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #1601 on: December 27, 2016, 12:18:30 AM »
Quick reminder:

Please remember to add spoiler tags copiously to things that touch on unexpected game events.  Simply spoilering the name of the race doesn't really help if the behaviors are described in the clear....

Thanks,
John

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #1602 on: December 27, 2016, 01:25:16 AM »
 Chryssalids man, they just wiped my entire squad with those zombies. What? Oh I'm getting my forums mixed up. Use spoilers guys!
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

The following users thanked this post: Agoelia

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #1603 on: January 11, 2017, 08:31:47 AM »
I set auto-turn with the min-increment set to 10 because a geo-survey ship of mine encountered an enemy geo-survey ship, and they kept spotting and loosing each other causing interrupts. To my dismay, I did not notice the enemy fleet that just appeared right next to my force. One destroyer, with 6 layers of armor, has basically no armor pieces left on it and several other ships have varying (but lighter) damage. There is also an active sensor contact further out in the system that is spotting my fleet that is far outside my sensor range.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #1604 on: January 12, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »
The closest grouping was destroyed without incidence. However when I dispatched all the frigates towards the larger grouping farther in the system (my frigates are 2x as fast as the rest of my force, and almost 4x as fast as the enemy), one of my frigates just took 23 strength 9 missile hits... and its still combat capable ;D. They've all been ordered to turn around and rejoin the central force, and get into the AMM defense manifold of the cruiser and destroyers. I think I'll just have them hunker down until the relief force with more cruisers and destroyers arrive along with support ships.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.