Author Topic: Galactic Map Questions  (Read 4816 times)

Offline sloanjh (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Galactic Map Questions
« on: March 13, 2010, 05:29:06 PM »
This thread is for FAQ about the Galactic Map screen (F11).

Offline sloanjh (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Galactic Map Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 05:36:09 PM »
"All of my systems on the Galactic Map are pile up on top of each other.  How do I get it to look like the nifty screen shots I've seen on the forum?"
-----------------------------------------------

Whenever a new system is discovered (by exploring a jump point), it shows up in the center of the galactic map.  In order to move the systems into a better arrangement, you need to shift-left-drag the ones you want to move.  Note that this is only a temporary arrangement.  In order to make the arrangement permanent, you need to click the "Sys Pos" button to open the "System Positions" dialogue box, and then hit the "Save Positions" button.  There is also a "snap-to-grid" function that can be accessed by hitting the "Line Up" button in the same box.  If you have been moving the systems around and you decide you don't like what you've done, you can hit the "Restore" button (before hitting Save Positions), which restores things to the last saved configuration.  Finally, you can select multiple systems to move by using left-drag (without the shift).  The selected systems will turn an different color.  To unselect, simply left-drag in an empty part of the map.

Offline sloanjh (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Galactic Map Questions
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »
"I've figured out how to move systems on the Galactic Map, but I can't get their positions to "stick".  When I open the map back up, they're all on top of each other again.  What am I doing wrong?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------
You didn't save the positions by hitting the "Save Positions" button in the "Sys Pos" box.