VB6 Aurora > Wiki Discussion

Wiki info on Difficulty Modifier

(1/1)

Razgriz:
Hi, I have a noob question, sorry.
On the wiki it states that: "Difficulty Modifier: The modifier is applied to starting size for NPR populations, NPR research rates and NPR growth rates.  100% is for normal setting.  90% easier.  110% harder. "

My question is on the research rates for NPR's is that up to date or does it only affect starting size at generation?

For example, if I increase the setting to 200% will NPR's research techs at twice my speed?

Father Tim:
It should apply to research rates as well -- though it's not 200% your rate, it's 200% the rate they would normally be entitled to due to their number of labs, scientists, research rate tech, etc.

Though all of that is largely irrelevent as there is a bug associated with setting the difficulty above 100%.  Doing so will eventually crash your game as the NPR spends more minerals than it thinks it does, and then runs out.

Fatal error.  Crash.  End of Campaign.

Alsadius:

--- Quote from: Father Tim on January 25, 2020, 08:18:50 AM ---It should apply to research rates as well -- though it's not 200% your rate, it's 200% the rate they would normally be entitled to due to their number of labs, scientists, research rate tech, etc.

Though all of that is largely irrelevent as there is a bug associated with setting the difficulty above 100%.  Doing so will eventually crash your game as the NPR spends more minerals than it thinks it does, and then runs out.

Fatal error.  Crash.  End of Campaign.
--- End quote ---

Yikes. Hope that's fixed in C#.

Razgriz:

--- Quote from: Father Tim link=topic=10566. msg118303#msg118303 date=1579961930 ---It should apply to research rates as well -- though it's not 200% your rate, it's 200% the rate they would normally be entitled to due to their number of labs, scientists, research rate tech, etc.

Though all of that is largely irrelevent as there is a bug associated with setting the difficulty above 100%.   Doing so will eventually crash your game as the NPR spends more minerals than it thinks it does, and then runs out.

Fatal error.   Crash.   End of Campaign.

--- End quote ---

So if the Base research per lab is 1, then the NPR's would be a base of 2 per lab at 200% difficulty?

Father Tim:

--- Quote from: Alsadius on January 25, 2020, 12:32:10 PM ---Yikes. Hope that's fixed in C#.

--- End quote ---

C# uses a new system, so it should be.

--- Quote from: Razgriz on January 25, 2020, 06:31:53 PM ---So if the Base research per lab is 1, then the NPR's would be a base of 2 per lab at 200% difficulty?

--- End quote ---

Yes.  Until the game crashes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version