Author Topic: Change Log for v7.00 Discussion  (Read 30582 times)

Offline JOKER

• Chief Petty Officer
  • J
Re: Change Log for v6.50 Discussion
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2015, 12:13:16 AM »
Any idea of spoiler's new weapon? May be it should simply ignore standard shield and can't be intercepted.

Also, I've seen NPR use 100kt shipyards to build 30kt warships. What a waste, can we really see NPRs build some real Juggernaut?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 04:12:24 PM by JOKER »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2015, 06:51:22 AM »
you can already, i believe it's called 'show all populations' in the orders checkbox?  it's a little fussy though, usually you have to remove the final order and readd it. Still less clicking.

Yes that works with the new pathfinding code, so you can go anywhere on the galactic map now.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2015, 05:14:51 PM »
you can already, i believe it's called 'show all populations' in the orders checkbox?  it's a little fussy though, usually you have to remove the final order and readd it. Still less clicking.

I've found and fixed the bugs that caused the error popup and the destination being set to the system centre. Now works as originally intended (at any distance).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 05:19:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline JOKER

• Chief Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2015, 12:02:49 AM »
Some new idea:
In my battle, it seems that AMM and fleet defence turret is a bit OP against ASM. Even with tech advantage, the only way to surely hit enemy ship is to spam and overwhelm the whole defence, especially when they have 200-300 ships in a single task group. Also, my AMM have >100% hit chance against enemy ASM, so I only have to use AMM as defence, and the only real threat is enemy AMM spam, which is very annoying and time consuming.

My idea is that AMM should have lower hit chance against missile, turret should have higher hit chance to protect themselves but lower hit chance to protect other ship, especially when there are hundreds of ships in one group. To counter spam tactic, my idea is to rebuild ECM system, ECM could be much larger and have an effective range to jam X% of all incoming missile which don't have sensor and ECCM support, only the strongest ECM device in fleet is effective. Missile with sensor would continue going but not guided, until their own sensors could pick up target.

Idea of long range ballistic weapon(railgun, cannon or partical beams?): medium range(~20m), sublight speed, finite ammo, low hit chance and track speed, can be picked up by sensor but can't be intercept or jammed.

Also, NPR and spoiler ship and missile design could be improved, especially when they begin using fighters. May you collect some impressive ship ,fighter and missile designs in forum? I wish to see some really challenging spoiler invades, like how shivans did in Freespace2.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 01:28:44 AM by JOKER »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2015, 09:15:58 AM »
Well it seems I'm going back to seriously overpowered engines again.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2015, 09:17:40 AM »
Well it seems I'm going back to seriously overpowered engines again.

Until you run into a fuel crunch  ;D

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2015, 09:43:51 AM »
It'll take twice as long now!
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2015, 02:15:41 PM »
In addition, I am changing Fuel Harvesters to use the current Fuel Production Rate rather than the Mining Rate
But commander bonuses will still work, rite?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2015, 02:20:17 PM »
But commander bonuses will still work, rite?

Yes, still factory production bonus.

Offline Ynglaur

• Petty Officer
« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2015, 06:06:01 PM »
Apologies if this isn't the correct forum for this question, but any guesstimated-unpromised time for when 6.50 will be published?  I'm debating starting a new game, and will wait if it's coming sooner than later, fully understanding that this is just Steve's hobby he is kind enough to put on the Internet for the enjoyment of total strangers.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2015, 06:31:51 PM »
Judging by the scope of the current campaign, 6.5 will be far down the track, so many more changes will be made that it'll become version 7.

Offline Ynglaur

• Petty Officer
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2015, 07:51:39 PM »
Thank you!  I'll go ahead and fire up a new campaign, then!

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2015, 03:00:01 PM »
>tfw 2 weeks without work
>tfw i had hope to play 6.50 for at least some of that time
>tfw it wont happen  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Its a cold, cruel world :(
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2015, 05:45:32 PM »
I'm going through Steve's earliest fiction, and getting an urge to suggest adding rules from past versions, or stuff steve said he wanted to add back in 2008 XD.
I'm surprised really how complete the game seemed back then, especially how advanced the diplomatic system was.
Developing NPR AI took a long time though, and they still need work with every update, I wonder how complex it's become.
Edit: I just noticed steve posted parts 5 & 6 of preservation II in the origonal preservation campaign forum. But I guess it doesn't really matter 7 years later :p
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 08:10:33 AM by MarcAFK »

Offline JOKER

• Chief Petty Officer
  • J
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2015, 12:03:52 AM »
I hope that ECM and ECCM could get some remake and absorb other tech, like jamming missile and active sensor, "cloak" by jamming, long range HPM or EMP attack.