Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 266072 times)

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #1020 on: October 11, 2020, 06:13:31 PM »
 - Why not just make the Ground Forces Construction Facilities use the aggregate model?

Offline Kev

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #1021 on: October 13, 2020, 12:22:22 AM »
It would be nice if some windows (e. g.  Event Log) were sizeable.

Also zoom to mouse cursor would be an awesome feature.

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #1022 on: October 14, 2020, 11:04:40 AM »
Is this the thread to add suggestions that are small enough not to warrant their own post or will it likely not get looked at here?

Either way; it would be great if the diplomacy screen told you what an NPR had last broadcast as the proection status of their system as well as what you have set it to for them. Unless I am missing something obvious I can only see this by searching through the events log. Not huge deal, but would be a small QOL improvement and make the diplomacy screen more dynamic.
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded

The following users thanked this post: Demonides, swarm_sadist, DIT_grue

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1023 on: October 14, 2020, 11:09:40 AM »
Is this the thread to add suggestions that are small enough not to warrant their own post or will it likely not get looked at here?

Either way; it would be great if the diplomacy screen told you what an NPR had last broadcast as the proection status of their system as well as what you have set it to for them. Unless I am missing something obvious I can only see this by searching through the events log. Not huge deal, but would be a small QOL improvement and make the diplomacy screen more dynamic.
This is the right thread and that is an excellent suggestion.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1024 on: October 14, 2020, 07:01:29 PM »

The galactic map has a checkbox under display that says "security status". I have no idea if this does what you wan't and I've never used it myself but its the closest thing that might work.

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #1025 on: October 15, 2020, 06:58:56 AM »
Can multiple NPRs of the same race spawn on the same planet? If you were just playing a normal game and exploring the galaxy, would you be able to find the equivalent of insect USA and insect USSR on some swamp planet, orbiting a red dwarf and flying round in space pretending to be from somebodies cold-war-in-space fiction?

If not, that would be really awesome. You could even have more than two factions, you could spawn 4 or 5, with alliances and enemies, so if two factions go to war, others might join in to help friends, or to even out the balance of power to ensure no power bloc wins and becomes too powerful.

Imagine how cool it would be if you were playing a multi faction game on Earth and you run into an NPR with multiple factions. Some Earth factions have similar RP-ed ideologies and want to try team up with certain NPR factions, so other player factions start to panic at this one player faction allying with an NPR and growing too powerful, so they try make alliances or launch a preemptive strike, which brings in some of the previously neutral NPR factions looking for some improvement to their lot on the galactic stage. If the NPR and the player factions all had several colonies that were quite spread out and lots of fleets, it could get quite messy. :)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1026 on: October 15, 2020, 07:04:17 AM »
Can multiple NPRs of the same race spawn on the same planet? If you were just playing a normal game and exploring the galaxy, would you be able to find the equivalent of insect USA and insect USSR on some swamp planet, orbiting a red dwarf and flying round in space pretending to be from somebodies cold-war-in-space fiction?

If not, that would be really awesome. You could even have more than two factions, you could spawn 4 or 5, with alliances and enemies, so if two factions go to war, others might join in to help friends, or to even out the balance of power to ensure no power bloc wins and becomes too powerful.

Imagine how cool it would be if you were playing a multi faction game on Earth and you run into an NPR with multiple factions. Some Earth factions have similar RP-ed ideologies and want to try team up with certain NPR factions, so other player factions start to panic at this one player faction allying with an NPR and growing too powerful, so they try make alliances or launch a preemptive strike, which brings in some of the previously neutral NPR factions looking for some improvement to their lot on the galactic stage. If the NPR and the player factions all had several colonies that were quite spread out and lots of fleets, it could get quite messy. :)

Although not same race I have randomly encountered multi-race planets. In my case it was a planet that had two alien species on it. They seemed friendly with each other.

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #1027 on: October 15, 2020, 11:23:02 AM »
The galactic map has a checkbox under display that says "security status". I have no idea if this does what you wan't and I've never used it myself but its the closest thing that might work.

I was just looking at that, I wasn't sure if that meant I would automatically use that security status demand on them or if it just made a note of it for me. If the latter, I suppose it helps to make a note for myself, if I remember to check. If it added a text note next to the system icon on the map that would be even better. Ideally the diplomacy screen would show their security claim alonside mine, but I am just being choosy if the latter works well.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #1028 on: October 15, 2020, 11:27:49 AM »
Pretty sure the security status checkbox is related to civilian shipping.

Civilians won't transit into systems that have recently had large hostile forces detected, unless you have significant local naval forces. Security status will display the hostile and friendly forces ratings that the civilians are using to decide if a system is "safe."

The following users thanked this post: Droll

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #1029 on: October 15, 2020, 11:52:18 AM »
In this case there is a drop-down menu selection on the miscellaneous tab of the Galactic Map where you can set the security status from "No Protection" to "Demand Leave with Threat". I am not sure if this is purely a personal note or if it has an effect on anything. Also not sure if it is related to what I am telling the aliens or what the aliens are telling me.

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #1030 on: October 15, 2020, 12:23:33 PM »
Just another tiny suggestion; On the Economics window it would be cool if you had a "History" tab similar to on ships, or bar that, a founding date in the summary.

* I'm editing this post because this suggestion is related. On the Wealth/Trade tab you can see you expenditure over a month, 3 month, 6 months and 1 year. It would be really helpful if you could add fuel and maintenance supply consumption, just like this, to the economics screen as well.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 05:03:01 PM by Llamageddon »

Offline Vasious

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • V
« Reply #1031 on: October 15, 2020, 03:59:32 PM »

I believe there is a small chance of this happening for 2 powers on the same world and a even small change for 3 powers to be created.

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #1032 on: October 16, 2020, 04:03:28 PM »
standing orders: explore jump point

standing order: load surplus minerals (load from any colony with resources above reserve)

standing order: restock minerals (unload to colony based on reserve shortages)

order conditions: fuel 60% (to have some margin, fleet keep running out couple million km from earth)

normal order: load mineral as needed for other colonies (select a colony, picks minerals that are in negative projected value)

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #1033 on: October 16, 2020, 07:08:13 PM »
Make the ship history window start at the top of the list (latest entry) rather than the bottom.

The following users thanked this post: Barkhorn

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1034 on: October 17, 2020, 03:37:05 PM »
Continuous shipyard capacity expansion but for slipways.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, Barkhorn, serger