Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 271347 times)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #1035 on: October 17, 2020, 05:39:04 PM »
Auto governor assignment is useless to me right now because it will repeatedly reassign my commandants to a colony, forcing me to constantly micromanage the commandants themselves.

Can auto governors be changed so that they don't mess with already assigned governors and instead pick an already unassigned one?

Offline arty

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #1036 on: October 18, 2020, 03:07:43 AM »

a order for troop transports  load all troops would be nice :)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1037 on: October 18, 2020, 08:40:17 AM »

a order for troop transports  load all troops would be nice :)
You can load entire formations by loading "HQ and all subordinate units" which helps a lot.

Offline arty

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #1038 on: October 18, 2020, 09:07:00 AM »
yes i know but it would be nice to load a xeno and constrution  units in one go

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1039 on: October 18, 2020, 10:38:24 AM »

Organize all your xeno and construction formations under a superior formation then use the checkbox to load all of them.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #1040 on: October 20, 2020, 01:01:19 PM »
You should have them under HQ's any way to get commander bonuses.

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #1041 on: October 20, 2020, 06:02:15 PM »
The ability to "Mute" certain interrupts, either for a certain amount of turns, game time or RL time. I am currently facing interrupts of: "Enemy forces on [Location] have been defeated but the population refuses to surrender." every production cycle and it is very annoying.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1042 on: October 20, 2020, 07:03:13 PM »
The ability to "Mute" certain interrupts, either for a certain amount of turns, game time or RL time. I am currently facing interrupts of: "Enemy forces on [Location] have been defeated but the population refuses to surrender." every production cycle and it is very annoying.

there is a mod for it atm.

Organize all your xeno and construction formations under a superior formation then use the checkbox to load all of them.

I always have the "Transport Company HQ" formation and unit just for this purpose.

It is cheap and also will let you move formations freely later on for replacements and stuff.

That was done because we did not have replacement options before 1.12
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 07:06:09 PM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #1043 on: October 21, 2020, 10:43:17 AM »
Just checking I understand correctly. Making formation templates that are just an HQ with enough capacity to cover a set ammount of subordinate formations is standard procedure? I.e. a regiment HQ with capacity 5000 to command 5 small brigades of size 1000. These subordinate formations can still benefit from having their own HQ embedded so they can have a junior commanding officer lower in the order of battle heirarchy?
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1044 on: October 21, 2020, 10:53:02 AM »
Just checking I understand correctly. Making formation templates that are just an HQ with enough capacity to cover a set ammount of subordinate formations is standard procedure? I.e. a regiment HQ with capacity 5000 to command 5 small brigades of size 1000. These subordinate formations can still benefit from having their own HQ embedded so they can have a junior commanding officer lower in the order of battle heirarchy?

Exactly, so you have lets say your colonel commanding the regiment itself and then in the HQs inside each brigade you have a major in command. That way your fighting formations in addition to getting the full bonuses of their commanding Majors will get a fraction of the bonuses of their colonel stacked on top of that.

The following users thanked this post: Llamageddon

Offline Witty

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #1045 on: October 21, 2020, 03:57:47 PM »
I noticed one of my ground officers was assigned to a unit I did not produce. It appears to actually be a ground unit owned by one of my civilian mining companies. Presumably the unit is stationed on the mining comet as some base security. However, I cannot see or have any access of this unit (as far as I can tell) outside of this indirect confirmation through my officers.

It would be nice if civilian ground units were listed in the formation menu, as civilian ships are.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #1046 on: October 21, 2020, 04:06:02 PM »

Exactly, so you have lets say your colonel commanding the regiment itself and then in the HQs inside each brigade you have a major in command. That way your fighting formations in addition to getting the full bonuses of their commanding Majors will get a fraction of the bonuses of their colonel stacked on top of that.

FWIW, this does not actually work right now. It was reported in 1.11 that ground combat command bonuses don't properly flow down the hierarchy, and a fix is not listed in the change log for 1.12

Online QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #1047 on: October 24, 2020, 05:11:17 PM »
When deleting some things, the confirmation window will display the name of this thing about to be deleted when asking for confirmation.

I would suggest that this be applied to the 'Delete Race' button on the race information window as well.

Online QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #1048 on: October 24, 2020, 10:40:32 PM »
Additionally:

It would be kindof nice if EM and Thermal sensors were both categorized under 'Passive sensors' instead of getting their own categories (in my opinion).

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982, Llamageddon, Demetrious

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #1049 on: October 25, 2020, 03:10:22 PM »
When alien ship is captured, it is completely removed from Known Ships Classes list of Known Ships. Destroyed ships stay on the list with Destroyed status. Would it be possible to do something similar for captured ships with status - Captured?

The following users thanked this post: Demetrious