Author Topic: NPR Opponents  (Read 1422 times)

Offline laz (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
NPR Opponents
« on: July 27, 2010, 06:31:08 PM »
I've played several games in which I map out 250+ star systems and encounter several NPR's.

99% of the time I establish friendly relations with NPR's and they usually hang around a small patch of territory. Never expandining in a particularly aggressive or fast way.

Basically, I've yet to really meet an NPR race that actually posses a threat to me. They seem far too tame. Have I just been lucky and not found one that dislikes my government type or has a hostile aggressive nature? Or do you have to provoke hostilities with one in order to wage war?

I'd like to experiance fighting a prolonged conflict with an NPR were my fleets are challenged and my design's are put to the test. At the moment I have a game with two friendly NPR's who are sticking to their corner of space colonising a few neighbouring systems whereas I have expanded and colonised worlds in over 6 differnt star systems three of which had alien ruins and one was an uninhabited colony cost 0x world.

I'd like to hear some more experianced players talk about conflicts they have with NPR's were they were challenged and fought out prolonged conflicts as it seems to be something i dont have happen in my games at the moment.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: NPR Opponents
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »
Park an expendable ship in orbit of one of their planets. They'll start to hate you, then blow it up.

Then you can go practice GFFP*.

*[spoiler:1w6ybsbu]GFFP = Genocide For Fun & Profit[/spoiler:1w6ybsbu]

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:55:35 AM »
Quote from: "laz"
I've played several games in which I map out 250+ star systems and encounter several NPR's.

99% of the time I establish friendly relations with NPR's and they usually hang around a small patch of territory. Never expandining in a particularly aggressive or fast way.

Basically, I've yet to really meet an NPR race that actually posses a threat to me. They seem far too tame. Have I just been lucky and not found one that dislikes my government type or has a hostile aggressive nature? Or do you have to provoke hostilities with one in order to wage war?

I'd like to experiance fighting a prolonged conflict with an NPR were my fleets are challenged and my design's are put to the test. At the moment I have a game with two friendly NPR's who are sticking to their corner of space colonising a few neighbouring systems whereas I have expanded and colonised worlds in over 6 differnt star systems three of which had alien ruins and one was an uninhabited colony cost 0x world.

I'd like to hear some more experianced players talk about conflicts they have with NPR's were they were challenged and fought out prolonged conflicts as it seems to be something i dont have happen in my games at the moment.
I'm 10 years into my latest game and I've been hunting for an NPR that killed some of my civilian shipping in another (Friendly) NPR's system.  The othe NPR is at war with them as well.  I've just found what appears to be the home system and I'm gearing up to invade at the moment.  This NPR has been aggressive from the start.  They actually had a ship that seemed to be commerce raiding; it spent its time racing around a system hunting civilian shipping.  Until my BC Sqn caught up with it anyway  :twisted:
Welchbloke

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:39:44 AM »

Its a good idea to read the various AARs. Many of those feature NPR opponents (including my recent reports) so you can get an idea of the type of conflicts that can happen. I assume you haven't encountered the Invaders yet? :)

Steve

Offline laz (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 10:47:41 AM »
Yes I have

Thats why I've switched off Precursors till the next update. I'd like to fight another star empire on a relaively equal footing. Not one light years ahead in technology coming from another galaxy turning up in sol in year 1 and stomping me back into space dust. Fighting a "space monster" kinda race is a bit dull

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 02:40:26 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"

I'm 10 years into my latest game and I've been hunting for an NPR that killed some of my civilian shipping in another (Friendly) NPR's system.  The othe NPR is at war with them as well.  I've just found what appears to be the home system and I'm gearing up to invade at the moment.  This NPR has been aggressive from the start.  They actually had a ship that seemed to be commerce raiding; it spent its time racing around a system hunting civilian shipping.  Until my BC Sqn caught up with it anyway  :twisted:
Eheh i love this man.