Author Topic: New warhead researched, must I design new missiles?  (Read 1178 times)

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
New warhead researched, must I design new missiles?
« on: August 22, 2010, 03:57:01 AM »
I've just finished researching 2-stage thermonuclear warhead.
Now, when I go into the missile tech creation screen, and choose a previously designed missile from the dropdown list, I see that the warhead strenght per MSP already has been filled in in the missile stats box.

Does ths mean, that my old design automatically uses the best missile tech, or do I need to design a new missile to make use of the new warhead?

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: New warhead researched, must I design new missiles?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 03:57:52 AM »
You need to design and build a mk2 missile

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: New warhead researched, must I design new missiles?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:21:43 PM »
Quote from: "martinuzz"
I've just finished researching 2-stage thermonuclear warhead.
Now, when I go into the missile tech creation screen, and choose a previously designed missile from the dropdown list, I see that the warhead strenght per MSP already has been filled in in the missile stats box.

Does ths mean, that my old design automatically uses the best missile tech, or do I need to design a new missile to make use of the new warhead?

To expand upon Andrew's answer, the thing you're looking at is NOT the parameters of the old design - it's what you would get with the new tech if you used exactly the same warhead/engines/fuel/etc. ratios as in the old design.  It's intended to help you remember what you did in the old design while designing the new one.

To see the performance of the old design, use the tech (ctrl-F7 IIRC) screen - the numbers should be the same.

John