Author Topic: Erm.. Help? (groundforces and colony vanished mysteriously)  (Read 1218 times)

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
My race had 2 colonies on Mars. One, I formed myself, and has a population of about 14m; the other was automatically formed by the program, after I defeated some robotic guardians, and they surrendered the increment after that. I never built anything there or moved in any people. It was completely empty.

What happened now.. I had another wave of robotic guardians. I ordered my groundforces on Mars (they were stationed in the prime colony) to attack the unknown race, and this happens:

I had 4 heavy assault brigades, 4 engineer squads and 2 garrison brigades, all with HQ, participating in the battle. According to the above log, only 1 engineer brigade took a (somewhat heavy) hit. There should have been no problem at all.

But.. Now, all my ground units on Mars have completely disappeared. I've switched to the ''all ground units" view, instead of population only, but they're really gone. They're gone from the leaders window as well, for assignments. 10 brigades, and 3 HQ units, gone without a trace.

What's more, the second Mars colony, that was created by the program, has automatically deleted itself.
My Primary Mars colony now lists as 'vanquished'

The freigthers mentioned, that were captured, were mysteriously captured from my, by me. The TG of 5 freighters had split up into 5 seperate TG, and the civilian colony ship was now under my control.

WTH happened? I don't get it.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Erm.. Help? (groundforces and colony vanished mysterious
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 04:19:06 PM »
looks like the 'empty' Mars colony was bombarded with mass driver mineral packets. Got any civilian mining complexes?

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 04:20:03 AM »
Yes I do, but they're shooting their packets at the inhabited colony at Mars. There's 5 mass drivers there. They're still doing that without any incident.
The 'bombardment losses' are a normal part of ground combat, mass driver is not related there.

Offline Hawkeye

• Silver Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 10:06:49 AM »
The disappearing troops might have something to do with this bug:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2826&start=30#p28028

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2826&start=30#p28031

Steve introduced a routine, in 5.10, I belive, that deleted an empty base when another base was captured (basicly, you create a base on an enemy planet to put your troops in it. After those troops took the enemy base, all your troops would be moved into the captured base and the now empty base deleted. I suspect the introduction of the automated defense robots in ruins screwed something up there.
Ralph Hoenig, Germany

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 05:10:39 PM »
Hmmyes. I had read that bug. That's why I tried finding my missing ground units by switching to the 'All ground units' option, instead of population only.
Unfortunatly, that workaround did not apply to my situation, as the ground forces have completely vanished.

What's really odd, is the part of the inhabited colony on Mars, that I founded myself, changed from empire population to 'vanquished' status.
What could have happened is that the robotic soldiers occupied my inhabited colony during combat (because it was left empty, as the ground units present there were out attacking the robots), and me recapturing it, leading to the vanquished status.
But that's not what happened, seeing that would have been reported in the events log.

I guess I'll put a link to this thread in the bug reports thread then.