Author Topic: Delivering salvaged technology  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
Delivering salvaged technology
« on: March 01, 2017, 01:15:25 PM »
If I don't want salvaged tech data to be downloaded to colonies with research facilities in the system where salvager ship is currently located I can use that "Do not Release Tech Data" checkbox in the ship screen.

But what happens if I release data in a system with multiple such research colonies? Do all of them get the data?
If only one gets the data is there a way (under than having just 1 research colony in each system) to make sure salvaged data get delivered to the colony I want?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Delivering salvaged technology
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 08:47:28 AM »
Manually send the ship to the colony you want it unloaded to, then use whatever option the task group has for unloading the tech data.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 03:20:08 PM »
Ah, there, OK. As that "do not deliver" is a the individual ship I thought the button to "deliver" would be nearby.

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 09:41:27 AM »
I have TG where one of its ships has a stored tech again. That TG is now parked at colony with research facilities. There doesn't seem to be any option in the list of commands for that TG to deliver that tech to exactly that one colony.

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 10:09:52 AM »
I don't think there is an option to unload the tech data. What you can do is untick the box saying "Do not release tech data" for the salvage ship and the update (Progress a single time increment) while the ship is in the proper system.

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »
I don't think there is an option to unload the tech data. What you can do is untick the box saying "Do not release tech data" for the salvage ship and the update (Progress a single time increment) while the ship is in the proper system.
Yes but I have Sensor tech stored and there are two colonies in one system, one with Sensor boost, one with Log/Ground boost.
Unless the tech deployed in system is uploaded to all colonies with research facilities in that system or it is uploaded only to the nearest one such colony, I fear it will be uploaded to the bad colony.

Offline Titanian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 10:16:41 AM »
Last resort: SM-edit away all labs on one colony, unload tech data, edit labs back in.

Offline Detros (OP)

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 09:18:06 AM »
Unless the tech deployed in system is uploaded to all colonies with research facilities in that system or it is uploaded only to the nearest one such colony, I fear it will be uploaded to the bad colony.
No, I unchecked that "don't upload tech" checkbox while parked at a smaller colony with just 1 research facility while there was another bigger colony with 4 facilities. All stored data went to the bigger colony. Reload time.

In the meantime I have collected both armor and sensor techs salvaged techs at one ship so I guess I could only deliver those to Earth where the most facilities still are, to get use of all those points../.
Last resort: SM-edit away all labs on one colony, unload tech data, edit labs back in.
Yes,  in the end, noting there is that anomaly bonus of 90% to sensors on that small colony, I just forfeited those armor tech points and used SM to make sure all those salvaged techs go to this smaller colony.