New Players > The Academy

Tips for new players

(1/24) > >>

Erik L:
And old ones.

One thing I like to do with the new construction scheme is dedicate 10% to replication. This gives me a continuously growing manufacturing rate, with occasional jumps from tech. I usually set it up to build 1000 CF at 10% capacity. This usually starts off with a completion date 2 centuries in advance.

sloanjh:

--- Quote from: "Erik Luken" ---And old ones.

One thing I like to do with the new construction scheme is dedicate 10% to replication. This gives me a continuously growing manufacturing rate, with occasional jumps from tech. I usually set it up to build 1000 CF at 10% capacity. This usually starts off with a completion date 2 centuries in advance.
--- End quote ---

I do the same thing (although at a higher rate), plus adding mines so that about 0.7-0.8 mines are being built for every CF.  The reason for the mines is that one unit of production costs the work of one factory and the minerals of one mine (hmmmm guess I should up my ratio to 1.0 or higher, once shipyards and fuel refineries are taken into account).  I tend to build automated mines in the early game in anticipation of the mineral crash that will force me to move my manned mines off Earth.

John

Erik L:
Stickied.

And anyone should feel free to post things that they feel are good tips.

Jetman123:
What do you mean by "replication"?

Erik L:

--- Quote from: "Jetman123" ---What do you mean by "replication"?
--- End quote ---

Having the construction facilities build more construction facilities.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version