Author Topic: Game seems to spawn alien units randomly  (Read 1418 times)

Offline bsh (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
Game seems to spawn alien units randomly
« on: March 20, 2016, 08:43:05 AM »
Hello everyone,
I had this happen to me quite a few times already, and I can't explain it, could this be a bug?
Randomly I see new hostile ground units/small populations (small mining outposts?) popping up in systems that have been scanned ages ago, under heavy sensors coverage.  (And the last one was from a race that was vanquished, surrendered and wiped entirely long ago).
I just can't see any way these units could have gotten where they popped up by any conventional means (ie.  transferred via ships), so I can only assume the game spawns these at random.  Or is this normal?

Offline SteelChicken

• Lt. Commander
Re: Game seems to spawn alien units randomly
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 12:01:25 PM »
System orbit rotate within sensor range.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 11:28:06 AM »
Probably single deep space tracking stations that you can only pick on thermal sensors. Pretty hard to find and certainly not random. They could have been there forever.

Also consider dormant jump points - connecting systems A and B but you can only find them when surveying system B, not A. That can create a nasty "loop" right into your backyard.

Offline bsh (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 03:40:27 PM »
No, those were actual ground units the last three times it happened, on the same place: first time a couple GUs, then two times just a single one. And it's on a moon of a planet where i have a huge colony, with 20 deep space tracking stations (with sensors strenght 3000 iirc) covering the entire system waaay outside the jump points. Also there's a pdc there with 1 billion range active sensors, 300m range Res1 sensors, extra thermal and em sensors. There are two entire task forces there too with the same amount of sensors on every ship. And then the civilians too. So I find it really unlikely if not even impossible that even the smallest and most stealthy ship to get that close to my colony totally undetected and drop a few ground units on its moon.
Also that entire race has been wiped long ago, and i re-surveyed all systems and all bodies like 3 times already and none of them have been found, so they have no base to come from in the first place.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 07:49:47 PM »
Civilian Mining Complexes (which come with a free Garrison unit) and you have somehow made your civilians hostile?