Author Topic: Error 399  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Adseria (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Error 399
« on: September 05, 2017, 10:40:15 AM »
Hey guys.

So, before I start, I should say that I am not what you might call a "computer expert. " In other words, any (even slightly) technical fixes will need a full step-by-step breakdown, or I'll just have to ask how to do them.  Sorry.

Anyway, my problem is this; I install either the portable version or the standard version, run through the wrapper and start a game.  Then I try to open up a menu (say, the system map), and it gives me an error message:

"Run-time error 339

Component 'COMCTL32. OCX' or one of it's dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid. "

I searched the various game forums, and found out about regsvr32.  however, when I try it (using "regsvr32 COMCTL32. OCX" or similar commands) it gives me another error:

"The module "COMCTL32. OCX" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent . DLL files.

The specified module could not be found. "

I had a Googling session, but I wasn't sure how the various fixes could be applied to my own situation.  I was hoping someone could give me a step-by-step from the top.

Offline Celarious

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
Re: Error 399
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 12:28:15 PM »
Open your Aurora installation directory, or where you extracted it, and open CMD, cd into that directory, and type "regsvr32 COMCT232. OCX"

This fixed a lot of my issues, worth a shot

Offline Adseria (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 06:26:56 AM »
Right, you know that bit where I said "I am not what you might call a "computer expert""?

"cd into that directory?" The only kind of CD I know is the one music used to be kept on.

Offline Celarious

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 02:51:35 PM »
Quote from: Adseria link=topic=9667.  msg104102#msg104102 date=1504697216
Right, you know that bit where I said "I am not what you might call a "computer expert""?

"cd into that directory?" The only kind of CD I know is the one music used to be kept on. 

CD changes the current directory of the command window to where the game is, so if you have the game installed in C:\Users\Username\Downloads\Aurora, you would type "cd C:\Users\Username\Downloads\Aurora"

After that doing the other parts will work