Author Topic: Basic warship checklist?  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Zorbeltuss (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • Z
Basic warship checklist?
« on: June 07, 2013, 01:59:53 PM »
I'd like a basic checklist for making a functioning warship, I never succeeded in making a functional one.
The checklist does not need to contain things like armor amount, missile ratio or size or anything relating to its effectiveness.
It does however need things like active sensors for targeting, how you reload or for that matter load a ship and such.
I guess missile-ships is the main checklist I want but any checklist like PDC or beam weapons would be greatly appreciated.
So yeah a bare minimum checklist.

/Zorbeltuss who thanks any kind soul who will answer this beforehand

Online Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Basic warship checklist?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 02:02:59 PM »
Engines.
Weapons.
Sensors.
Fire Controls.
Magazines for missiles.
 - or -
Power plants for beams.
That will be your basic eggshell with a hammer.

Add armor and shields for tougher eggs.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
Re: Basic warship checklist?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 07:05:01 PM »
Common for all ships

Engines
Fuel Tanks
Engineering Spaces - Add until maintenance supplies are at least twice the max repair figure. Do this after adding other components.
Active Sensor - With a resolution less than or equal to what the ship is going to be targeting.
Armour - As needed

Beam ships

Beam weapons - If intended against targets faster than your researched beam tracking speed, then place into turrets first.
Power Plants - Sufficient to produce power to match the power draw each 5 second tick, power level needed/supplied are listed on the left when designing.
Beam Firecontrols - Adjust tracking speed/range to fit the weapon and intended target.

Missile ships

Missile Launchers
Magazines - If using box launchers then don't add these, the ship cannot self reload.
Missile Firecontrols - Will match the range of an active sensor with the same resolution at 1/3rd of the active sensors size. Resolution must be smaller than or equal to it's intended target.
Missiles - Set a default loadout on the ordinance tab. Ships that have fired off their missiles can then be reloaded by using the load ordnance order on a colony that has a stockpile of the appropriate missiles.