Author Topic: Stuck in a delay  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Peter Rhodan (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
Stuck in a delay
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:08:21 AM »
I am stuck with 1 day cycles because of potential fleet interception
I am playing a non newtonian start and haven't even researched jump theory yet - but I have been stuck in these 1 day cycles for over a year now... how can I get the NPRs to give it a rest?

Offline Five

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • F
Re: Stuck in a delay
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:45:10 AM »
i have noticed sometime the game gets stuck in them even if nothing is going on. If it goes on for a long time i ussually try changing the incremements and then changing them back and see if that gets it out. if not i then shut down the game and restart it and sometimes that works if is just stuck there...ofcurse if the NPRs are really doing anything this won't fix it, yet it seems to work if it is just the game stuck in it for some reason.

-Five

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:13:32 AM »
I am stuck with 1 day cycles because of potential fleet interception
I am playing a non newtonian start and haven't even researched jump theory yet - but I have been stuck in these 1 day cycles for over a year now... how can I get the NPRs to give it a rest?

If it has been going on for a year then send me the Stevefire.mdb and I'll see if I can tell what is causing the problem. My email is stevewalmsley at btinternet.com

Steve

gamemonger56

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 07:49:41 PM »

I got one too, ands its been doing 5 sec increments  as increment adjusted due to immenent action and ships entering firing range. this is NPR action and has been going on for the last hour and a half. I tried to send the stevefire.mdb but MSN wont let me.

Offline Peter Rhodan (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 09:22:51 PM »
I crashed Aurora in mid calculation with Windows Task Manager and that appears to have fixed the problem - have even had a real gunfight between aliens since.

Offline Molotof

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 07:10:41 AM »
Quote from: Peter Rhodan link=topic=3409.  msg32935#msg32935 date=1301538171
I crashed Aurora in mid calculation with Windows Task Manager and that appears to have fixed the problem - have even had a real gunfight between aliens since. 

I had a similar problem, 3~4 month of 1day auto turn .  .  .   
Wonderfull, this worked for me, after i relaunched the game, i had a whole screen of allied contact update, i think that was them that caused this #§?@!
I noticed that my DB was larger before i solved the problem, it lost 12 Mo after.

PS : I keep a backup of the DB before and after bugs was solved in case you want to take a look Steve.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 07:17:40 AM by Molotof »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 03:04:05 PM »
If you toggle "auto-turns" on and then click 30-day or 5-day buttons, some times Aurora hangs up. Using Task Manager to close Aurora, restarting and selecting 1-hour or 20-minute turns can help. I know it has solved few hangups in my games when NPR/Spoiler slug it out.

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 03:20:53 PM »