Author Topic: Jovian Syndicate PR office  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Ektoras (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • E
Jovian Syndicate PR office
« on: April 18, 2014, 05:20:53 AM »
Jovian Syndicate office for public announcements and interaction with the other powers of Sol

[ooc]Jovian Syndicate was/is a corporation, it doesn't have embassies.[/ooc]

Offline Ektoras (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • E
Re: Jovian Syndicate PR office
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:25:34 AM »
We have suggested a treaty to control aggression in Sol. For peace and prosperity of our factions we have to agree on some basic regulations and we believe the treaty covers almost all of them. I hope the other factions will find it beneficial.

Article I - Zone of Exclusion
 i: In times of peace there is no reason for military craft to pass too close to settled planets of other factions.

ii: As such every settlement of at least five million people and falls into a publically recognized claim shall have a zone of twenty five million kilometers in which military craft of factions other than those who have claimed the settlement can not enter into except in times of war or training.

iii: Non-military permitted craft shall include civilian owned and operated vessels operating under transponder, and survey craft lacking active scanners whos designs have been publicly declared.

iv: As training fleets can not always avoid straying too close to a planet any fleets that are in training and may breach this zone must be publicly announced as in training prior to the breach and shall continue moving as is standard for training fleets.

v: No active scanning by any vessel is permitted within a rivals exclusive zone. Each faction is responsible for deactivating the scanners of any training fleet or military auxiliary that might pass through such a zone.

Article II -  Rules of War for the Limitation of Civilian Casualties
 i: In times of War any aggressor assaulting a populated world of 5 million or more by missile must declare their objective for the fight.

ii: The first volley shall be a warning salvo no greater than 3 warheads with further waves on hold.

iii: After the salvo has intercepted or reached its target request the defender will be called on to make the demanded concessions.

iv: If defender doesn’t back down then the aggressor can proceed with salvos at his fullest capacity until such a time that the defender concedes or the the aggressor retracts the demand. The missiles and warheads used on the warning salvo and to the next full salvos must be of the same tech.

v: No aggressor may demand the unconditional surrender of a garden world. They may demand safe troopship passage to begin an honorable trial of conquest by ground combat.

Article III - Dueling Code

i: Limited war may be used to solve disputes for colony rights, sport and honor between dueling ships and generally to solve small stuff that diplomacy is unable to but without the fear of total war.

ii: The challenger must declare his intention clearly, and allow the challenged a year* to prepare. No possibility for surprise attack.
[ooc]*One normal player turn increment be that longer or shorter than a game year.[/ooc]

iii: Duals may not be conducted by or against ships or assets within a Zone of Exclusion.

iv: Established colonies and mining projects more than 10 years in age but less than 5 million in population may not be endanger or demanded by any duel.

v: Such limited war will not result in great loses for the defender or the attacker, expect the ships involved in combat and fate of the stakes in question.