Author Topic: any way to "load all but # units"?  (Read 981 times)

Offline joeclark77 (OP)

• Commander
  • j
any way to "load all but # units"?
« on: July 14, 2013, 01:15:10 AM »
Simple question: is there any way to order a freighter to pick up all of the gallicite (for example) on a planet but leaving 100 units (for example) for the inhabitants?  I found a command to "load [gallicite] when X units available" but it does exactly what it seems to indicate: if there are X units, it loads everything.  It doesn't leave the X units behind.  So... is there a way to do what I want: load all the excess over X but don't take every scrap?

Offline Paul M

• Vice Admiral
  • P
Re: any way to "load all but # units"?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 02:28:08 AM »
You have to set the reserve level for the mineral in question (and all others I think) to the value you want then you can just do a load command and it will load all minerals but leave behind the reserve amount.

There is a problem I think with the way the command is impllemented that means give the command, let if finish and then manual remove it before giving any further commands else with the ship/task force seems to bork up and get stuck in a status of still trying to load even though the ship has actually loaded and the ship may be on the way to another destination.  This may be because there is suddenly a tiny amount of minearls over the reserve level or something.

I am also not sure it works with a reserve level of 0, but I have never tested that specifically.