Author Topic: Standing Orders  (Read 2438 times)

Offline TheRowan (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
Standing Orders
« on: April 13, 2020, 01:15:44 PM »
Is there any way to give Standing Orders to more than one fleet at a time? For example, I've got eight geosurvey vessels that I'd like to set to automatically survey the nearest body and refuel when they get low, without having to set each one up individually.

The following users thanked this post: lordcirth

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
Re: Standing Orders
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 01:20:51 PM »
Is there any way to give Standing Orders to more than one fleet at a time? For example, I've got eight geosurvey vessels that I'd like to set to automatically survey the nearest body and refuel when they get low, without having to set each one up individually.

in VB when you used the transit and split or the split at location movement orders it would give the new fleets the same conditional and default orders and make them subfleets capable to assemble back together. For some reason that seems to be removed from the C version.

Offline L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 02:31:57 PM »
I noticed that immediately as well. I used default standing orders for exploration ships a lot - Divide into single ships, while having survey primary and follow leader secondary orders. So they come in, separate, survey, and form up again on their own. It seems it's not implemented yet in in C# version. I'm not sure I'm using the new OOB mechanics to the fullest though. Need to try having an additional level of fleet command above the separating one.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 05:01:37 PM »
Divide now transfers the standing and conditional orders.

The following users thanked this post: Garfunkel, TheRowan, Doren, mike2R, smoelf, lordcirth, JuergenSchT