Author Topic: 10 NPR on Earth Start very slow Processing Turns  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Evanissimo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • E
10 NPR on Earth Start very slow Processing Turns
« on: May 24, 2014, 10:37:35 PM »
So today I decided to set up a multiple Earth empires start, and I came up with 10 empires.  I decided to set 1 as player controlled and the rest as NPR's.  My problem seems to be that the intervals are taking forever to process, a 1 day interval took 10 minutes to process! I seem to remember reading about some things that could be turned off to make the intervals process faster, but I can't recall where or what they were.  Am I doomed to have a very slow game now? Or is there hope?

Offline Haji

• Captain
Re: 10 NPR on Earth Start very slow Processing Turns
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 04:08:28 AM »
What slows down game significantly in case of multiple starts, like this one, is the detection. Basically if there are objects from two empires in a system, every five seconds the game checks if there is a detection or not. The more empires and objects in a single system, the more checks have to be done, the slower the game.
The only way to speed this up in such a situation is to use "Disable sensors in this system" option on a sensor tab in the system maps view. However, since this disables all sensors, you will be essentially blind. You won't discover jump points by observing other nations jumping and if one of the NPRs decides to attack you, you won't see incoming missiles. In fact, I'm not sure if this disable NPR sensors as well, which means it may not help you at all.
I only use this option when I'm playing multiple nations in the Sol system and I know for certain nothing will happen in the near future, so the sensors are not important. But I would not recommend turning them off when you have several computer controlled NPRs in your home system. Which means you are likely doomed to a slow game.

Offline Caplin

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 01:55:17 PM »
I'd think ten is a bit much for Aurora to process in any case. :) Especially all in one system. That being said, I think the option to disable sensors was intended for this kind of thing, so I'd suggest turning it off, also keeping in mind that the truce counter is designed to freeze diplomacy so that same system NPR starts don't immediately crash into war.

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 02:14:14 PM »
Even if no ships are involved, 10 NPR is a lot for one planet, I mean think about all the decisions you have to make when running your empire, then multiply it by 10 guys making less efficient decisions than you, it's a lot of info to process.