Author Topic: Help with treaties  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Help with treaties
« on: December 21, 2014, 11:29:06 AM »
Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me. I have an NPR that is currently friendly with me, they have given me access to their jump ships, will help with missile attacks, and trading. I did also get a message about them sharing their geosurvey information with me. I do not recall though if they I got a message to tell me they are sharing their gravitational survey information with me or not. So I have two questions on this issue.

If an NPR has accumulated enough DR with a player to offer help with missile attacks. Will this mean they will have also already opened up all the treaties below once they had hit the required DR? Or is it possible that an NPR could decide to share research data with me, but decide they do not want to allow trade or the use of jump ships?

Secondly assuming I have an NPR that has agreed to share both geo and grav survey data. I am guessing they do not give information on new systems, so if they fly through an unexplored jump point, I am not going to get a message about the new system discovery? If this holds true and I enter a system the NPR has completely explored (both geo & grav), will all the bodies suddenly become explored to me also?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Help with treaties
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 11:41:18 AM »
Every treaty has their own requirements.
199 to -100 is Neutral
200 is Trade allowed
800 is Friendly & Geo-survey info can be traded
2400 Gravsurvey sharing allowed
4000 Allied Status allowed
6000 Research can be shared
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 07:02:34 AM »
I am aware of the requirements, but that doesn't help the question. If I had an NPR with a DR of 6000 towards me, I would qualify for a full research treaty. But does this mean I will be guaranteed to also have all the other treaties below? Is it possible to have a DR of 6000, then be offered research data but the NPR decides to not have trade?  As a player I can do any combination of treaties I want on the diplomacy screen, can NPR races do this also?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 01:39:25 PM »
Yes, depending on their economy or DR numbers. However your DR towards them is much different than DR towards you. In my multi-start that I scraped because I messed it up, I thought (through my empire's window) that we were on the brink of war, however they thought (in their empire window through SM) we were close allies. The DR you see in your empire window is what you can offer to them and that doesn't mean they have the same numbers, go into SM and check their numbers then come back.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 02:17:28 PM »
I am aware of how the relationships between DR work. But that still doesn't leave me any closer to knowing if an NPR can have a variety of treaties and whether or not they can have combinations. As I have said above I can choose to share research with an NPR if I wish (assuming we are both at DR 6000+ for the sake of argument), however I could also decide I did not want any trade vessels coming in. This would mean we would have a research treaty only from my side. Can an NPR do this also or does the face they have offered to share research with me mean they have also enacted all other treaties too?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »
I *think* that they progress linearly through the treaties and do not pick'n'mix.