Author Topic: Manually generate systems hmm.  (Read 1246 times)

Offline linkxsc (OP)

• Commander
Manually generate systems hmm.
« on: October 23, 2015, 01:37:56 AM »
So just messing around. Waiting for 6.5 to drop so i can become very invested in a convoluted campaign and hoping i run into many fighter wielding nprs.

But well Ive gotten curious about something.

I can hit f9, and randomly generate new solar systems, and tweak things like minerals and such on planets. I can also pick to make nebulas and such...
But is there any way as the SM to go as far as specifically creating a new planet asteroid or comet, with the specific orbital parameters (and body parameters) that you wish?
I cant figure out how without perhaps going into logs and editing the system directly, but thats a can of worms I dont glreally wanna get into.

On top of that while im asking stupid questions again.
Whats a good way to transfer ship components between factions?
Like say for lore reasons. 2 nations have to combine tech to put out some competative next gen ship or something.
So far Ive been thinking i could do it like this. Sm in a freighter (or just build 1), load it with the parts, and then gift that particular ship to the other side...
But thats rather clunky. Anyone know of a better way?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Manually generate systems hmm.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 01:47:06 AM »
Pretty sure you're looking at hacking the database for that.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 07:57:54 AM »
With SM mode you can just create the ship components you want to 'gift' to the other faction.  Or instant research technologies that were shared.  No need to bother with loading things onto a freighter and transferring the ship.  You could do it that way but I don't think you need to do it that way.  If you want to make sure to properly account for construction and materials costs you can still build the pieces with one faction, delete the components and then create them out of thin air for the other faction.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 10:54:03 AM »
There is no way to create a specific comet, planet or a star. You just generate systems until something suitable pops up.