Author Topic: No Sorium on the Gas Giants  (Read 1830 times)

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
No Sorium on the Gas Giants
« on: August 19, 2016, 11:50:34 PM »
So in my game there wasn't any sorium on Neptune or Jupiter. I understand that minerals are randomized but I can't help but feel that gas giants should by default have some hefty amount of the stuff on them, especially in the starting system. Is there a way I can add it with the Space Master in unharvested form? All it allows me to do is add it to the planets inventory as a harvested item.

Offline Drgong

• Vice Admiral
Re: No Sorium on the Gas Giants
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 12:11:07 AM »
So in my game there wasn't any sorium on Neptune or Jupiter. I understand that minerals are randomized but I can't help but feel that gas giants should by default have some hefty amount of the stuff on them, especially in the starting system. Is there a way I can add it with the Space Master in unharvested form? All it allows me to do is add it to the planets inventory as a harvested item.

System view (The button that looks like a sun) get you to a screen that lets you specify minerals. 
Check out or Join my Community Game
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=235.0
Also check out my stories, including Interactive tales.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?board=239.0

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 09:47:40 AM »
I get an error when I try to use system view :(

Offline Tree

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 05:16:31 PM »
I get an error when I try to use system view :(
Which error?
Do you always get it when you try to access this window?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 02:05:13 AM »
That would probably be the mssmswhatever.dll missing problem. The general fix is to install simple shutdown timer, however some of the results I found had my browser warning about viruses.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 04:12:59 AM »
Why didn't the required dll download with the game?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 08:03:27 AM »
Maybe microsoft doesn't allow redistribution of that file without paying?  I dunno.
Anyway, you need msstdfmt.dll to be registered into windows for the system information map to display planet images correctly.
Download the dll from here : http://www.dlldump.com/zip/dllfiles/M/MSSTDFMT.zip thenextract the dll into C:\Windows\SysWOW64 , open a command prompt and enter the following:
regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\msstdfmt.dll
That should register the dll, but its possible you might need to be in administrator mode, alternatively download simple shutdown timer from here :http://www.pcwintech.com/simple-shutdown-timer .
Do not download it from jaleco.com which is actually virus (at least panda says it is).
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 06:27:59 PM »
no it's because that file was part of windows when VB6 was a thing so it didn't need to be packaged,  it's not needed/used in 64 bit versions of windows, so needs to be added.
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.