Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 267835 times)

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #255 on: June 05, 2012, 03:30:21 AM »
Those aliens can be manipulated

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #256 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:01 PM »
My ship is surveying a planet around Alpha Centauri-B and it detected 30 strength 6 nuclear detonations by an unknown aggressor around one of the outer planets orbiting the system. 25 seconds later it detected 14 strength 6 detonations on the nearby terrestrial planet Alpha Centauri-B IV. I don't know if I want to see who's fighting or not.

EDIT: Nope, they fixed that problem for me. 2 more rounds of shelling later they flew over to me and I identified them as a hostile race we've met already. They're going to nuke my ship now too.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:54:57 PM by Jacob/Lee »

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #257 on: June 05, 2012, 07:23:13 PM »
When I first encountered the Precursors in my latest game, I thought they were the swarm. I was pleased at how easy it was to kill them. I kept thinking they were swarm until my engineers opened a vault and got some ground troops from the same race.

Later, I went back to a system I left alone because of them. Someone else has been in there because there were wrecks I didn't leave.

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #258 on: June 08, 2012, 12:10:30 AM »
My allies are creeping me out. They have 5 ships parked on Earth, one of which has been there for several years. I have no active sensors to paing them with to learn anything about them, it's been 18 years and I haven't even designed a warship... I've designed and currently researching the parts for a sensor ship, a standard missile attack ship and a PD ship to go kick over a couple Precursor defense bases floating over Alpha Centauri B-IV, which is a mostly hospitable world and they will likely fry my geosurvey ship when it gets too close. They didn't attack my terraforming fleet (the guys that found them) when they came near, though.

EDIT: Yep, my ship went to survey the planet when I wasn't watching it and one of the bases fired at it with an energy or kinetic weapon, easily blowing it to smeg. The other base was mysteriously silent for some reason.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:23:12 AM by Jacob/Lee »

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #259 on: June 08, 2012, 07:53:11 AM »
Steve mentioned previously something about old sensor contacts still showing on your overview screen.  Flip through the system view display tabs and make sure you have 'last sensor contact' or some such turned off.  The ships might not be there, you might just be seeing the last known location marker.

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #260 on: June 09, 2012, 12:30:18 AM »
Oh, those silly civvies. They dumped 6 mining complexes on Sol Asteroid #53 in a year, raising it to 10 complexes. It had only about 30,000 duranium, which with those 10 complexes will last 12 years. They could've dumped those complexes on far richer bodies, like Luna. Lonely Luna has only 4 complexes but it has 3 million duranium on it with an accessability (<< Firefox says that's wrong, but the forum spell check doesn't register anything ???) of 8. It might be a little harder to reach but it will last far longer. As a bonus, Luna also has 300,000 vendarite/access. 7.

Still, I won't complain too much. They make moving 200 automines, 3 mass drivers and 50 mines from Sol to Gliese 109 (my ally's former system, Invaders came and ate them so I claimed their irradiated, dust-clogged homeworld as mine and using it as a population farm/mining system) very easy on my part. It would be a pain using government freighters to move all that, but supply/demand orders make everything so simple! And they're doing it correctly this time. Last time I tried it screwed up for whatever reason.

gamemonger56

« Reply #261 on: June 10, 2012, 01:44:44 PM »

Well 4 in a row Nebula 6's, 416km/h max. i mean really? 4 in a row?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #262 on: June 10, 2012, 02:10:43 PM »

Well 4 in a row Nebula 6's, 416km/h max. i mean really? 4 in a row?

Nebulae tend to clump together. Once you find a system in one, chances are JP out from there are in the nebula too.

gamemonger56

« Reply #263 on: June 10, 2012, 02:15:10 PM »

first time for me finding so many. so far im up to 12 nebula'd systems which is pretty a huge speed bump in my explorations
\

Offline Jacob/Lee (OP)

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #264 on: June 10, 2012, 03:07:45 PM »
I've never found a nebula. I assume they don't generate when "real stars" is on?

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #265 on: June 10, 2012, 03:56:59 PM »
"Real Stars" has black holes, but no nebulae. "Random" has nebulae, but no black holes.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #266 on: June 10, 2012, 06:07:44 PM »
"Real Stars" has black holes, but no nebulae. "Random" has nebulae, but no black holes.

There are no nebulae in real stars because there aren't any close enough to Earth to fit in with the area in which the real stars are located. There are no black holes in random because I am lazy and haven't added them yet :)

Steve

Offline Shininglight

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #267 on: June 10, 2012, 08:08:08 PM »
I'm Boned is what's happening. I just lost an entire destroyer squadron, of which i only have 2, to 2 queens, my entire missile capability to 20-some soldiers and am currently watching the queens and workers build more soldiers in the kuiper..... I have another destroyer force due for completeion in 2 years..... just goes to show what training is supposed to prevent, though a shortage of naval officers pretty much prohibited tG training, ah well, time for a restart.
Admiral Damien James Winter, Defender of the Proxima Gate.

Offline MehMuffin

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • M
« Reply #268 on: June 14, 2012, 08:26:24 AM »
In my new game, Venus has 24 million tons of accessibility 0.9 neutronium.  ;D Time to expand some shipyards.

Offline HaliRyan

• Lt. Commander
  • H
« Reply #269 on: June 14, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »
Conventional start game, just had my third battle with precursors in a system next to Sol.

First battle was a squadron of 3 frigates dispatched after the loss of contact with a survey ship, they spotted the enemy only to be obliterated before being able to fire a shot.

Second battle was a follow-up squadron of four updated 5000-tonne frigates with state-of-the-art nuclear pulse drives (;D) and improved missiles. The battle started off well, with the enemy taking significant damage to a number of their ships, but the small squadron eventually ran out of missiles and was lost with all hands.

The third battle of Procyon took place a few years after the first two. Having lost two squadrons already it had been decided to wait for another round of upgrades, and after 4-5 years I was ready to venture out again. Determined not to lose a third engagement almost three quarters of the mobile forces available to Earth were dispatched. Nine River Mod B guided missile frigates and three modified frigate leader variants set out for the contested system. The advantage in numbers was decisive this time, and although three more frigates were lost before the battle ended all six enemy craft (which despite being numerically outnumbered still out-massed the fleet by almost 10000 tonnes) were destroyed.

Sadly the database has been corrupted and I think I've lost the game.  :'(