Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 267027 times)

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #810 on: March 24, 2015, 04:01:32 PM »
I found this planet :

Proxima Centauri-A I
Duranium 380 880 000  Acc: 1
Neutronium 174 240 000  Acc: 0.1
Boronide 166 410 000  Acc: 0.2
Mercassium 162 562 500  Acc: 0.5
Vendarite 36 000 000  Acc: 0.1
Sorium 151 290 000  Acc: 0.1
Uridium 58 522 500  Acc: 0.1
Corundium 101 002 500  Acc: 1

..... and it has a 103 ATM pressure ...  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( frakk you too Aurora ..
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #811 on: March 25, 2015, 01:45:06 PM »
  The DC Vipul 002 (9300T) Missile ship just had a very bad day.  It jumped through the same gate where my missile trap worked earlier.  This time i had a 50,000T Battleship, 3-20,000T Battle cruisers, 2-16,000T anti-missile destroyers, and a 16,000T point defense destroyer waiting.  The Vipul 002 point defenses were able to take out a few missiles, but still died without returning any offensive fire.

The Vipul 001 had jumped through a few months earlier and was destroyed by a small fleet of 3-battle cruisers, and 1 anti-missile destroyer.  Mistakes were made and resulted in the loss of 1 battle cruiser.  (9500 Km/s AMMs dont do well against 24,000 Km/s ASMs  ;D ).

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #812 on: April 01, 2015, 08:53:41 PM »
Increment adjustment, going on 30+ hours.   :'(  Wish i could watch the battle. 

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #813 on: April 03, 2015, 11:15:49 AM »
Increment adjustment, going on 30+ hours.   :'(  Wish i could watch the battle.

Nr 1 for Aurora 2 should be some kind of abstraction for NPR vs NPR battles... Those 5 sec turns are really hurting the flow of the game.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #814 on: April 03, 2015, 10:06:27 PM »
Just wait for the next version, the new sensor options should help immensely.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
« Reply #815 on: April 03, 2015, 11:34:05 PM »
12 T2 Battleships, 6 T4 Battlecruisers, 11 T2 Light Cruisers and 1 quasi-T6 Battleship are about to clash with a Spoiler 3 BBs and 7 BCs head on.   1.  5 billion miles off, between them and the junction jump point, both fleets closing on each other. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:36:49 PM by illrede »

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #816 on: April 04, 2015, 03:08:19 AM »
Just wait for the next version, the new sensor options should help immensely.

Really ?? Thats nice to hear.

On topic :

Having a new Wh40k phase i've set up somewhat of a Warhammer game.
smegload of minerals on Earth, Mars and Titan, ruins on Mars and Titan and crancked up NPR difficulty level to 200%.
Titan ruins broke my own personal record - 1025 instalations <3

Offline illrede

• i
« Reply #817 on: April 04, 2015, 09:24:15 PM »
The missile engagement proper was a bit of a push, ~5% of our main volley got through which slowed down two ships, and two others were picked off when they strayed just far enough from their AMM envelope so there wasn't a good enough engagement window to keep them alive.  Only now we're closing through 150 (147, to be precise) AMMs every 5 seconds with the ability to sweep between 50 to 90 every five seconds.  Getting hairy.

Offline illrede

• i
« Reply #818 on: April 07, 2015, 07:59:44 PM »
Well, they endured it and the more intact battlecruisers are hunting down fugitives. Not in a condition to do it again anytime soon, both from a standpoint of ammunition and damage. They're going to have to do it again against a base.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #819 on: April 09, 2015, 09:34:09 AM »
I just hit a gold mine. ;D I got really lucky on my survey. Send in the Terraformers!
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #820 on: April 09, 2015, 09:46:25 AM »
I just hit a gold mine. ;D I got really lucky on my survey. Send in the Terraformers!

Fuuuuark ...  :o :o
Not the most minerals i have ever seen but DAMN its juicy...

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #821 on: April 09, 2015, 10:35:52 AM »
Not only that, but it's also colonizable.
A very rare find, and very precious.
(2nd screenshot - similar planets to 84atoms, all but one aren't coming close enough, first screenshot - planet that comes close enough)
You are lucky to find this planet that early, Atom. What are you going to do with it?

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #822 on: April 09, 2015, 01:58:32 PM »
Since the talk is about good finds -> The best system I ever had I think, coming from the starswarm game, and only being the 3rd system ever surveyed:

Survey was not yet even finished. A IV has everything you would ever need in a lategame stage. Duranium, Gallicite and Corundium. Then also some others with good access, Neutronium being the only one really not sufficient. Quite ironic to find this amazing system in a game where the theme was to venture out and strip mine everything profitable in the path. Like a massive block appearing.
The game just before that, I searched through 50+ systems to find just one good gallicite source, until it finally appeared, and then this happens... .
Oh, there were ruins on one of the B worlds too, which gave me a really good hidden technology. It is the sheer dream system ...but in the wrong game.

This actually triggered in me the suspicion that there could be some sort of function in the game that ensures some powerful finds in your first 1-5 systems or so, since I had similar rich systems in every game so far and this close.(this one here really exceptional though) Later these systems seem much harder to find. Still not in any way sure about it however.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline illrede

• i
« Reply #823 on: April 09, 2015, 09:45:12 PM »
Shocking development. A group of 3 fugitive battlecruisers were actually beamships. Found this out when one of 5 T4 Battlecruisers took a volley and dropped out of the pursuit. There aren't enough shipkiller missiles left over to deal with them, what has developed is an actual squadron fight between 3 T6 ships with 18 high-tech lasers and 1 T6 ship with 8 high-tech lasers and 4 T4 ships with 32 mid-tech railguns, bad armor damage everywhere and a 2Kkm/s speed advantage. The ace in the hole is 4 100-count volleys of WH4 shortrange missiles, fit to strip the armor off a battlecruiser, halfthrough that. It's been interesting. It's currently an extreme range engagement (at 2LS) with both sides landing the odd laser hit, coming out ahead despite 1/3 the guns due to freakishly good crew. Tried closing once, and backed off at 1.25LS, it was getting too heated. After this results in some engine damage for a ship that has had its armor stripped, going to use the last two volleys to cripple one BC, strip armor off the last and try to swarm it, for all that at the end of it the Battlecruisers will be taking hits that go in one side of the ship and out the other.

This has been a battle, I love Spoilers.

Offline illrede

• i
« Reply #824 on: April 10, 2015, 08:37:24 PM »
Well... it worked. Mobbed them and tore them apart with railguns. But I lost the battleship, and it's commanding officer. And a battlecruiser, but I loved that battleship, and I loved that commander. I made the ship with salvage from a homeworld defense where a bunch of T1-T2 rebuilds klingon sabre-danced their way to victory against a pair of 50,000 ton beamships in a gun battle that was a lucky last-second sensor hit away from being an utter disaster. Then I gave it to the fleet commander of record. Well... she won this one.