Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 267624 times)

Offline illrede

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • i
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #825 on: April 11, 2015, 07:45:00 PM »
And it's finally over, all across a 2 billion KM to a side triangle. 1 T6 battleship lost, 4 T2 battleships lost, 7 T2 battleships crippled, 1 T4 Battlecruiser lost, 1 jump-freighter lost.

3 AMM battleships destroyed (and if those weren't the most dangerous AI warships I've ever encountered its because I've run into bigger and beam armed), 3 missile battlecruisers destroyed, 1 missile battlecruiser captured (they classed it as a DDG but... my eye), 3 beam battlecruisers destroyed, 1 AMM base captured, 1 construction ship captured.

I don't want no rematch.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #826 on: April 11, 2015, 11:30:16 PM »
That sounds like a pretty evenly matched and epic battle. Congratulations.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #827 on: April 15, 2015, 05:51:22 PM »
  ASC Claymore has gone missing on a routine scouting mission.  Their last report came as they jumped into a system contaning a Class II Black Hole.  It is assumed that all lives are lost.  All military and civilian traffic has been banned from that system until further information can be gathered.

The Claymore is remembered for discovering what scientists are calling a "Stable Wormhole" in the Teegardens Star system.  Science and military experts are still researching its purpose.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #828 on: April 18, 2015, 07:53:13 PM »
Top military and science leaders proposed a single mission to investigate the worm hole.  A single sensor ship was sent into the Teegardens system.  It was quickly dispatched by 4 unknown vessels.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #829 on: April 18, 2015, 08:14:25 PM »
  Federation forces managed to put down a few size 20 ASM mines on the Teegarden JP, and moved in an understrength destroyer force to keep an eye on things.  Soon after the [Tee] sent through a small (3600T) ship, it was attacked and destroyed by local forces.

Before my missile launchers had time to reload, 4 18,400T ships jumped in.  These ships appear to have no offensive capabilities, but their point defenses are wrecking my missile attacks.  Luyten planetary defenses have been alerted.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #830 on: April 18, 2015, 09:01:48 PM »
  Fleet commanders have misjudged the enemy fleet.  3 volleys of AS missiles have been detected.  12 of 14 missiles from volley 1 evaded point defenses and destroyed the AMM Destroyer Bastion.  There were 113 survivors rescued.  13 of 14 missiles from volley 2 struck the Jump Destroyer Caliope.  132 survivors were rescued.  Volley 3 disappeared off tracking.  Enemy fleet proceeds unimpeded towards Luyten.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #831 on: April 19, 2015, 06:59:12 AM »
  4 additional [Tee] ships arrived in system, and all gathered about half way to Luyten II.  2 ships finally broke off and approached Luyten II.  All that is available for defense are Size 1 AMMs, some are getting through [Tee] defenses but appear to be doing no damage.  The 2 finally reached Luyten II and did the craziest thing, they both went Kamikaze and rammed my PDCs  :o  3 PDCs and both [Tee] ships were destroyed in the attack.  They remaining 6 [Tee] ships are roaming the system destroying all remaining civilian shipping.

Luyten II was going to be the gem of my empire, decades worth of minerals, planetary suitability 0.0.  I just needed a few more years to get it set up.  Luyten system is also directly connected to Sol.   

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #832 on: April 19, 2015, 08:58:33 PM »
Casualties of war:  [Federation] 6 destroyers, 3 PDCs, 1 Grav survey vessel, 1 Sorium Harvester, and 12 civilian freighters.  [FC] (Friendly) 5 large freighters.  [Tee] 1 scout?, and 2 unknown types.

So far the [Tee] have left my populations alone, and have not entered Sol system.   :o  I also think the [Tee] may have cloaked scout(s) in the system.  I cannot explain any other way, how quickly they respond to ships in the system. 

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #833 on: April 20, 2015, 11:12:56 PM »
  6 months after the [Tee] invasion of Luyten, they discovered Sol.  A single scout? ship jumped in and was quickly dispatched by laser fire from Destroyer squdron 2.  This didnt sit well with the 6 [Tee] ships sitting in Luyten, which soon came face to face with the 6 ships of dstroyer squadron 2.  My 10 & 15cm lasers inflicted some damage, but the fleet was soon overpowered.

Mars became the next target, size 1 missile fire was ineffective and all Mars defenses were soon destroyed.  As of this report, Earth has been unloading all its size 1 & 5 missiles at the fleet, but the fight is going badly.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #834 on: April 21, 2015, 09:32:55 AM »
I am finding wrecks on two sides of my empire that are exactly the same size (19100 tons in two places) at Danzig and Codalus. I feel the two sides will be connected soon with more exploration. Right now it would not be a significant change to the map but it could save time and fuel when future systems are discovered, as well as provides a strategic advantage if (when) another empire is discovered. A side note; there is another system (New Hebrides) where there are some more wrecks not of the same size (28650 tons and 1000 tons) so a possibility of a third empire is present or this system connects to the other two.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:36:48 AM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #835 on: April 21, 2015, 02:16:42 PM »
The wreckage of all federation ship yards, that is tough to swallow.  Life goes on, research continues, factories still producing.  Earth has decent stockpiles for now, Luyten has large stockpiles of everything but duranium. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:30:04 PM by Mastik »

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #836 on: April 23, 2015, 02:12:01 PM »
Well, just found an alien empire near where I said earlier in the system of Olwa. However, things are not adding up. This cannot be the empire that is responsible for the wrecks. Their population, by a ship that contains both thermal and EM sensors directly overhead, is being read as a signature of 5 thermal and 5 EM. There are no orbitals over the planet, or any other signatures in the system. This is either a conventional empire, or is merely a small colony.  I do not have any military ships yet as my jump drives are still being researched (started when I made the wreck connection theory)(All ships Frigate+ will be self jump capable) but the shipyards are preparing to receive the blueprints for production. I shall pull the ship from the system and reroute any ships passing through that area, I will assemble a diplomatic team, and then initiate contact. However, the discovered aliens seem to be a warlike race, such as we are. If negotiations turn, there is no question within the council to protect human interests by using world burners and troops.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:23:06 PM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #837 on: April 24, 2015, 07:52:42 AM »
October 79 
  A fleet of 15 [36] warships traversing Sol, caught the attention of 2 [Tee] warships.  After a brief (and one sided)  engagement [36] forces retreated to Earth.  With the retreat, the 2 [Tee] warships were drawn into range of earths rocket defenses.  Military officials claim the 2 warships were destroyed with a barrage of Anti-ship missiles.  These were the first kills of the heavily armored [Tee] warships.  The staggering number of wrecks in the Sol system is estimated to be nearly 100.

In other news, 8 new [tee] ships appeared in the Luyten system, including 2 new classes (type unknown).  Is this the invasion fleet the military has been waiting for?

Offline Anarade Relle

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • A
« Reply #838 on: April 24, 2015, 04:06:44 PM »
Quite the campaign.

What warships do you have left, if any?

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #839 on: April 24, 2015, 05:41:18 PM »
My entire military consists of 2 PDCs, capable of 50 shot (Size 5) volley each.  1 commercial station built (i need minerals badly).  When they decide to take Earth, there is very little i can do to stop them.   :'(